Question :

Cauterization of Nose Bleeds in Boxer

When boxing my nose bleeds frequently can i have my nose cartarized and continue my training? What costs and risks are involved?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Nose bleeds may have several different causes. Trauma to the nose is often a common cause for bleeding. If you sustained repeated trauma to face while boxing this may explain your recurrent bleeding from the nose. Other possibilities to consider include a bleeding disorder or abnormal blood vessels in the nose. Occasionally minor trauma such as picking the nose may lead to nose bleeds.
Cauterization is usually reserved for major or uncontrollable nose bleeds and is done in an emergency setting. It is not used a permanent solution. The most important thing to do is determine the reason for your nose bleeds and then the appropriate treatment can be instituted.

Questions related to Alternative Exercises

Alternative exercise

how effective is hooping for exercise?

Rehab after a forearm fracture treated with a c...

My forearm was broken as a resultof defending myself from an aluminum bat.i been in a cast for 3 mnths.i moved to di...

Gastric bypass and alcohol

What would happen if i drank a little alcohol 5 days before my gastric bypass?

Exercise After Back Surgery and Stroke

What exercises can I do to strengthen core muscles? I had surgery and fusion to correct lateral scoliosis and damage...

Nine years post corrective scoliosis surgery

I had a corrected scoliosis surgery when i was 12, I am now 21. Spinal fusion with instrumentation is what I had do...

Post Your Thoughts