Question :

Numbness in the thigh for 3 months

More than three months numness is existing in left thigh even after taking neurobine tabs and injections and IFT & IPT. how to overcome this numbness?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There are many causes of non-traumatic leg pain. Pain in the legs can be present because of several conditions that affect joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, skin or nerves. According with the description that you made of your leg pain and how it developed, there is a high probability that we are in presence of a Neuropathy, which produces a pain occurring from a peripheral nerve inflammation not associated with the spinal cord called Meralgia Paresthetica that causes pain in the upper anterior and inner thigh resulting from entrapment or inflammation of a nerve that leaves the pelvis. This type of pain tends to involve part of one leg only.

The suggested strategy would be: conservative therapy, such as physical therapy, weight reduction to reduce abdominal girth, moist heat application, analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs as Ibuprofen and avoid wearing constrictive garments, belts, or braces that impart excessive focal pressure at the lateral aspect of the thigh affected. If does not et better with these measures it is strongly recommend to be evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon and maybe consider the corticosteroid injection at the spinal or inguinal level which may provide more chronic relief of symptoms.

Questions related to Strength Training

Why am I weaker than most persons my age?

I'm a lot weaker than everyone else my age. How can I not be?

Neck pain when doing push ups

This needs a short intro. I have been doing push ups since quite a time. Someone told me to do push ups while lookin...

Rehab after ankle fracture

Hi there, I recently fractured my ankle and have been doing various streches to try to improve mobility. One of my h...

Weightlifting with High blood pressure, high ch...

I'm currently taking 20mg Lisinopril for high blood pressure and 20mg Simvastatin for high cholestorol. Can I safely...

Teenager with Pain and Grinding knees for about...

Hey Docs, I am training to be a free runner however my knees, make a grinding noise when i straighten them from a si...

Exercise After Hemorrhoid Surgery

I had a hemorrhoids surgery just two weeks back.Now I feel normal.My question is,can i involve in gym work outs. Rame...

Lower limb Fractures

My friend was in a car accident recently and his leg was broken mid tibia/fibia. The bones are still partially atta...

Throat Problem in Body Builder

For 6 months I have had a constant pressure/choking sensation in the mid to lower right side of my throat. Also uppe...

Hip Allignment Problems

Hello, When I was a baby I was told that i had problems with the muscles in my legs and they were not strong enough...

Post Your Thoughts