Question :

Vitamin D deficiency causes and treatment

How i cover my defficancy of vitamin D?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones in the body, it is also needed for cell growth, neuromuscular and proper functioning of the immune function. Deficiency of Vitamin D may lead to osteoporosis/rickets, obesity and depression. Vitamin D is obtained from diet as well as from exposure to direct sunlight. If you have a vitamin D deficiency, you can take Vitamin D3 orally 5000 IU per day and expose yourself to sunlight.

Questions related to Vitamins

Vitamin supplements for bowel

I currently take Letrozole after having breast cancer 2 years ago. I wish to know if I can take a Bowel Tonic B supp...

Can these vitamins be taken together?

Is it ok to take d3 (400iu) B12 (500mg) iron (65mg) Synthroid (50mcg) and sertraline (100mg) all together?

Muscle pains due to Vitamin D defficiency

I am 30 and having on & off muscle pain along with little bit joint pain from last 4 days. Year back i was Vitam...

Should Vitamins have negative side effects?

Can a sport single Vitamin/or multipack vitamin(s) give you a negative side effect? as matter affect, can any type of...

Vitamin D deficiency

I am 23 and I had some blood work done and my Vit D is only 3 ng/mL . I have scoliosis but a doctor told me that the ...

Fish Oil Pills and Propranolol

Should I take fish oil pills and propranolol ER 80MG? I've read some stuff on the Internet that has different answers.

Can I take two multimineral dietary supplements...

I am taking Forever Nature-Min from last one month.It is suggested that one can take 6 tablets per day as a dietary ...

Effects of Taking Different Vitamins together??

Hello, Can you take vitamins together? I regular take chromium picolinate, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, apple cider v...

Is is safe to use Amberen for menopausal symptoms?

I am a 60 year old female. I take a multi vitamin, zinc and a b complex everyday. I have also started taking a produ...

Calcium requirements for a 62 years old woman

I am 62 and take a liquid calcium for bone loss; with so many to choose from, and each one adding important vitamins...

Low levels of vitamin D causing dry scalp.

Could low levels of vitamin d cause my scalp to be very dry?

Risk of Vitamin A and E Overdose

Can I take Omega 3(fish oil tablets)and brewers yeast tablets together? Is there a risk of Vit A or Vit E toxicity?

Enlarged red blood cells what could this mean?...

Hi, i have had 6 miscarriages all ending before 12 weeks and in the middle a troublesome pregnancy which went to 38 ...

Importance of Vitamin D in teenagers

Can Vitamin D deficiency stop or delay growth in teenagers.

Taking Prenatal vitamins and not pregnant

Is it okay to take prenatal vitamins even if your not pregnant or planning to get get pregnant,also does it cause yo...

Vitamin B causing strange throat problem?

I have been taking Super B-Complex, the kind that are labeled for stress, off and on now for a few years after my DR...

MIXING VITAMINS: will it affect their efficacy?

THESE ARE THE VITAMINS I AM TAKING; CAN THEY ALL BE TAKEN TOGETHER OR SHOULD THEY BE SEPARATED THROUGH THE DAY FOR B...

Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency

What are the symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency ?

Vitamin B 12 overdose and symptoms.

I had a B12 overdose and need to know what to do to reverse it. I has a very fast heart rate which now has settled, ...

Numbness and Tingling related to vitamin defici...

I have tingling and numbness on my calves and thighs but all my tests( MRI AND EMG) are normal? What could be wrong ...

How much vitamin D should i take?

I stay indoors a lot and so get very little Vitamin D. How much Vitamin D should I take? age: 14 weight: 60 kg heigh...

Iron in diet: males RDA

Is it okay for a man to take a women's multivitamin or some other iron containing supplement if the man is a vegetar...

Daily Dosage of Vitamin B12 and D3

I just purchased vitamin b12 and D3. How much of each should I take daily?

Glucosamin and vitamins mixing with whey protein?

I am a rock climber and have been taking glucosamine to help with the finger joints since they regularly get abuse. ...

Is it Legal to Buy Vitamin B 12 Injections Online?

Hi I have a question regarding vitamin B-12 injections. I recently found a website called trim nutrition.com that i...

Post Your Thoughts