Question :

What are the harmful side-effects of Antioxidants

What are the adverse effects of antioxidants?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Though antioxidants have many potential beneficial effects, high dosages of antioxidants can cause potential damage. They may interact with the absorption of minerals and nutrients and many long terms side effects that are still being studied. It is advisable to take the anti-oxidants at levels stated in the RDA.

Questions related to Antioxidants

Darlene Burrows

I have a weak bladder and urinate alot. Since Sunday I haven't been going as much but I have an achy feeling in the l...

Which antioxidant fruits are the best?

What kind of fruits are best to have as anti-oxidants? I have heard that any type of berries are the best. Is this t...

Surgery with other medical conditions

I'm due for open brain surgery to remove a beningn tumor in 10 days. However I have had a flare up of gout in my big...

Acai Dosage

Many acai berry products on the market, they vary from 500-2000mg, what's a sufficient dose? And for how long we can...

Diet supplements: Acai and Colon Cleanse prepar...

I have recently looked into taking a acai berry supplement and a colon cleanse pill. how safe is this treatment real...

Post Your Thoughts