Question :

Diet supplements: Acai and Colon Cleanse preparations

I have recently looked into taking a acai berry supplement and a colon cleanse pill. how safe is this treatment really, is there anything i should be concerned with?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
This Amazonian berry fruit is a well known source of energy , fiber and can also help in inflammation reduction. The current preparations offered in the market associate other herbs and substances with laxative properties to the Acai that are supposed to help with the “Colon Cleanse”. As I always say, “try, explore and decide” what works the best for you. Every time that you decide to try some of these herbal remedies, please make sure you read the label and see if you are not allergic to some of the components in those pills. And once more: no diet works without a balanced nutritional regime, discipline and exercise.

Questions related to Antioxidants

Darlene Burrows

I have a weak bladder and urinate alot. Since Sunday I haven't been going as much but I have an achy feeling in the l...

Which antioxidant fruits are the best?

What kind of fruits are best to have as anti-oxidants? I have heard that any type of berries are the best. Is this t...

What are the harmful side-effects of Antioxidants

What are the adverse effects of antioxidants?

Surgery with other medical conditions

I'm due for open brain surgery to remove a beningn tumor in 10 days. However I have had a flare up of gout in my big...

Acai Dosage

Many acai berry products on the market, they vary from 500-2000mg, what's a sufficient dose? And for how long we can...

Post Your Thoughts