Question :

Acai Dosage

Many acai berry products on the market, they vary from 500-2000mg, what's a sufficient dose? And for how long we can take it for?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 There are no official guidelines on the recommended dose of Acai extract. Limited research has been carried out on the Acai berry, juice or capsules. The therapeutic daily dosage of anthocyanins, and other flavonoids from other sources, ranges from 200 to 1500mg daily. This dose may be extrapolated to Acai berry extracts. So, roughly, we would say: Acai capsules: take up to four 500mgs capsules daily with water. Acai liquid: 2 tablespoons of acai extract daily. Acai tea: 1-2 tea cups daily.

Questions related to Antioxidants

Darlene Burrows

I have a weak bladder and urinate alot. Since Sunday I haven't been going as much but I have an achy feeling in the l...

Which antioxidant fruits are the best?

What kind of fruits are best to have as anti-oxidants? I have heard that any type of berries are the best. Is this t...

What are the harmful side-effects of Antioxidants

What are the adverse effects of antioxidants?

Surgery with other medical conditions

I'm due for open brain surgery to remove a beningn tumor in 10 days. However I have had a flare up of gout in my big...

Diet supplements: Acai and Colon Cleanse prepar...

I have recently looked into taking a acai berry supplement and a colon cleanse pill. how safe is this treatment real...

Post Your Thoughts