Question :

Weight Gain with Irregular periods

I am 27 years old have always been athletic and in my designated weight class. However over the past 6-9 months I have gained a lot of weight now placing me in an obese category. I am constantly tired and I have irregular periods (confirmed I am not pregnant. I eat clean and am nutritionally sound. What is going on?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I do understand you concern for weight gain. It is difficult for me to say what is causing your weight gain. If health lifestyle, diet and exercise does not help in weight loss, I would advise you to consult your doctor for a possibility of an underlying problem such as hypothyroidism and PCOS. It may also help to speak to a dietitian to assess your current diet. I hope this information helps, take care.

Questions related to BMI

High BMI and 40 pounds overweight

My BMI is high and I am 40 pds overweight for 26 years old. I am very active cause I work outdoors which is a lot of ...

Stunted growth

When I was 18 months, i had an asthma attack and was taken to the doctors where I was given an inhaler; I used this ...

Chronic fatigue - What measures will help me?

I m feeling very lazy n tired n who ever looks at my face tells me tat i m looking very sleepy n i hav lack of conce...

How Do I Gain Weight?

My age is 26 years but my weight is only 35 kg. please help me to gain weight safely. i m very upset.

BMI including muscle mass - how do I figure out...

I am a female, 5'7", approx 192 lbs. I have learned that my BMI is at 30, which is considered obese according to BMI...

Low bmi and worried about aneroxia

I am a 19 year old girl and i only have a bmi of 15.2. i am 5ft 4 and weight 6 and a half stone. i also reguraly exp...

Ideal Weight accordint to age and height

I have searched many sites to figure out what my healthy weight should be, and I feel like I have an eating disorder...

Post Your Thoughts