Question :

Is whey protein safe for me?

Hello, I would like to know if taking whey protien drinks will contribute to high cholesterol levels. I am now down to a healthy level and need to gain muscle mass because I have lost all of my muscles. Do you know if Whey protein will help me aor harm me.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Whey protein consists of protein isolated from whey present in cow's milk. Whey protein along with resistant training activities like bodybuilding greatly increase the lean body mass of an individual. Whether whey protein affects cholesterol level is not clearly studied and the research is ongoing. The other symptoms of whey protein intake include indigestion, bloating, loose stools, increased flatulence, weakness, irritability. Taking whey is definitely beneficial if you are looking to gain muscle bulk and usage will depend on the symptoms use face after intake. You may take the hydrolysed forms of whey if there are digestive problems.

Questions related to Cholesterol

Ldl/hdl ratio validilty

I'm 63 5'4" 118 lb female with a ldl/hdl ratio of 1.9, but my doctor seems to be concerned with my hdl of 272 ??

LDL Cholesterol

I am 30 years old and my cholesterol report is showing 180 LDL. From online sources, it seems like Avacado/day helps ...

Is it safe for a person to eat liver if they ha...

Is it safe for a person with a stint in the heath to eat liver.

Am I in danger of a heart attack? Or do I have ...

My heart was hurting two weeks ago. And for the past 3 days I had short breath. What might I have?

Problem in AST ALT, and CHOLESTEROL, TRIGLYCERIDES

Hello i am 32 year old on my blood test report i found my AST and ALT is high or Cholesterol Triglycerides is low P...

Blocked arteries in both legs - management opti...

My husband is 62 yrs old and has just been told his arteries are blocked in both legs..what should he do

I'm vegan and my triglyceride levels are high n...

Hi, I recently had a blood test and most of my results were good - iron, b12, calcium, Vit D, cholestoral, thyroid, ...

Eating healthy increased my cholesterol?

Six weeks ago my doctor told me my cholesterol was high and to change my diet. I already avoided fried foods but I c...

Management of high bp and high cholesterol

I have a total cholesterol of 274 mg by dl out of which LDL is 190 and HDL is 45. Also my SGOT and SGPT levels which...

Methods to improve lipid levels

I want to know my how to decrese ldl cholesterol and reduce liver fuction ast,alt

Impact of High Fat Diet on Cholesterol Levels

I normally eat a good diet that is low in fats, red meat, desserts, etc. I recently went on vacation for two weeks (...

Cholesterol, triglycerides, bilirubin and albumin

Hi, What is the connection between bilirubin, cholesterol, triglycerin and albumin? Does high cholesterol and trigly...

LDL cholesterol elevation despite statin therapy

Had blood work done again. been on 20 mg of pravastin for 3 years. 2 years blood work came back great. this one trig...

Desirable cholesterol levels

My cholesterol is 245. Is this high enough to warrant high cholesterol medication?

Dietary sources to raise HDL cholesterol

I' am a woman age 60 yrs.old.I take Niasin 500 everyday,for cholesterol lowering factors.My triglycerides 163,&...

Cholesterol And Pregnancy

Hi. I would like to know if stress, depression,improper sleep patterns could contribute high level of cholesterol. C...

Elevated fasting blood lipid levels

I recently attended a health fair at work where I had my cholesterol and triglyceride levels checked. My triglyceri...

Trial of diet and lifestyle modification for a ...

I am a female and 52 years old. I'm living in Mexico and recently had blood work done to check my Cholesterol &...

MIBI or myocardial perfusion scan

I recently had a mibi test. The doctor mentioned something about heart function being at 50%- 75%. Mine was 52% so h...

Lifestyle modifications to lower triglyceride l...

I am mid 36, i am taking the siddha treatment for less count of sperms and motility, and i have high level triglycer...

Post Your Thoughts