Question :

Lovenox and Abortion

Hi, I have no history of a misscarraige nor stroke. By my OBGYN requested a blood test which showed my cariolipin Iag to be 15 H (equiviocal). I was on aspirin before pregnancy and now I am on lovenox. I am 16 weeks pregnant. I was on lovenox for 14 days. (14 doses of 30 mg). I want to go through surgical abortion now. I have stopped taking lovenox for 5 days and the abortion is 3 days away. Are there any risks? Thank you Dei

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The effects of Lovenox do not last for long after administration is stopped. From that point of view, there should be no issues with terminating your pregnancy. However, 16 weeks is a fairly advanced pregnancy and while it is still possible to terminate the pregnancy the risks increase as the pregnancy advances. You should be clear about your need to terminate the pregnancy as well be sure to seek a doctor who is experienced in termination of pregnancies which are this advanced.

Questions related to Abortion

Problem with previous abortion?

I recently (June 16th) had a chemical abortion. I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks later and it showed negative instead...

Suspected pregnancy

I had unprotected sex 2 days after my last period using the 'pull out method' on the 15th of last month, I am now wor...

Suspected pregnancy

I use a period tracking app to determine when I am safe to have sex. I have a regular cycle. I had sex 5 days before...

misoprostol - Is this dosage enough to abort?

I found out I was pregnant today and had 200mcg of misoprostal left over from my previous abortion a few months ago. ...

Anti biotic Reduce of symptoms

I had a surgical abortion today and was given azithromycin antibiotics, i was required to just take one dose, i have ...

Post abortion and still no period after 10 weeks

I had an abortion 10 weeks ago and until now I still got no period. Worse is, I have mild cramps this past couple wee...

Bleeding lasted for a day after MTP by pill

I took Misoprostol on Saturday and had heavy bleeding just for a day. No bleeding or pain after that. I was 5 weeks p...

Can your primary doctor tell difference between...

can your primary doctor tell the difference between an abortion an a miscarriage

Post abortion

i have been married for one year. i got abortion two times, after 7 weeks of pregnancy. and also i and my husband bl...

Fits in 7 month of Pregnancy

Hi My sister is pregnant and she is running in 7th month. Today morning she got fits and her body is very cold. May I...

Frequent hot flashes 3 days after abortion

Frequent hot flashes 3 days after abortion. No fever or pain. Is this normal?

Should i wait for the bleeding to stop before i...

i had unprotcted sex with my boyfriend 2 weeks after the onset of my period, but he pulled out before ejaculation. i ...

Can we avoid pregnancy by using Mensovit plus

Can we avoid pregnancy by by using Mensovit plus

Abortion then D&C. Can I be pregnant?

I had an abortion on febuary 14 and a d and c on march 8 i wondering if i can be pregnant because i'm having all the...

Excessive bleeding after non surgical abortion

I had an abortion like 5 weeks ago(non-surgical) nd im still bleeding. As I was taking a shower yesterday my bleedin...

How many months after abortion I have to try fo...

When i was 5 week pregnancy, it started bleeding so Dr. gave tabulate for abortion. after how many months i have to ...

Bleeding clots after medical abortion

Dear Doctor, My wife aged 37years had a medicine inducedabortion on 10 Jan 12. She bled for about 4 weeks then the b...

Getting pregnant after hysterectomy

Good afternoon Doctor, my name is Theresa and am 20 years. I have a problem of which i would kindly want you to bri...

Ducolax and general anesthesia interaction

I'm 7weeks pregnant and suffering with constipation for the last weekI have been taking ducolax I also think I have a...

Recurrent miscarriage - TORCH infections

Good evening sir, my name is lakshmi, my age is 28,two years back Iam married.I have two abortions with the gap of o...

Heavy vaginal bleeding and copper IUD

I have a copper 'Multiload' IUD. Generally I have very regular, predictable periods. On a 28 day cycle, I bleed for ...

Is it possible to get pregnant right after an a...

I had an abortion 3 weeks ago. My husband and I had intercourse 2 weeks after the abortion. I started taking the pi...

Is abortion at 16 weeks safe?

Is it save to have an abortion at 16 weeks? Is the baby a baby at 16 weeks? In your option should I have the abortio...

Inconsitent Bleeding after Abortion Pill

I took the abortion pill about a month ago and I have been having inconsitent bleeding since. How long should this l...

Abortion at 3 months of pregnancy

My Girl friend is Pregnant of three months and she like to do abortion ,what the medicine for this?

Post Your Thoughts