Question :

What tests required for determination of my fertility?

Hello i am 28yrs old female. i got married 5 yrs back. i had 2 miscarriage(oct 2009,feb 2010) which my gynae said was missed abortion. then i did KOCH TEST n was given TB medication for 6 months. Now they say i can try concieving.its been almost 4 months since i have been trying but not being able to conceive. i have done almost all tests possible like TORCH,THYROID ETC ETC. I have been advised to take LETOVAL 2.5 MG AND CAVERTA 50 MG. I just want to know what is the most important test to be done in order to know if i will ever have a child. do u suggest any test for my husband?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
No single test would be sufficient to determine your chances of pregnancy. Besides blood tests and ultrasound examination, other tests may need to be done in order to rule out any anatomical malformation or abnormality like the size, shape, position and linings of the uterus, patency of the fallopian tube (through which the ovum travels after being released from the ovary), any adhesions, fibroid and the condition of the cervix. And those other tests would include hysterosalpingogram (an Xray of the uterus and the fallopian tubes with injection of the dye) and laparoscopy. Semen analysis of your husband would be important for assessing the amount, sperm activity, motility etc. to ensure maximum chances of pregnancy at each time of deposition of the semen.

Questions related to Infertility

Infertility after menopause

Hello Doctor Hope you are doing good. We were planning for kids and then I was diagnosed with EndoMetriosis cyst whic...

Clomid and fertility injection

I am 51 have just remarried and have finished the menopause I want a baby I am thinking of clomid and the fertility ...

Evening primrose oil

I am taking pregnacare conception, but recently I have noticed I am not ovulating.Can seven sea evening primrose oil ...

Semen Analysis

I ve listed the details of my sperm analysis report.. Pls suggest whether i could give birth to a child and go for...

Fallopian tube

I was told that submucosal fibroid can block the Fallopian tube. I had mine removed would this automatically unblock...

sperm analysis

Hi,my husband did a sperm analysis and i would like to understand the different things mention about his sperm.His mo...

no baby?

my spouse and i have been trying for two years to have a child. i have never had a regular cycle. it is not uncommon ...

Help! Trying to Concieve

The gp thinks i may have PCOS.. she has prescribed me norethisterone 5mg 3x daily.. i am trying to conceive.. will th...

spotting

Hi! I've been trying to conceive for 2 years and its seems like on months where we give it a good go I seem to have s...

Am I infertile now?

So, This guy keeps hitting me and applying pressure to my abdomen when I'm lying down and sleeping even when I'm awak...

am i pregnant

Hi i had unprotected sex nearly a week ago now and now i am suffering with vaginal bleeding and cramping i got tender...

Chemo in childhood and pregnancy

If I had chemo as a child for a tumor in the nose would it hinder my chances of getting pregnant, me and my husband h...

NEED HELP

I GOT MARRIED IN SEP 2011. I GOT PREGNANT IN JAN-2012. WE TERMINATED IT COZ WE DINT WANT IT. AFTER THAT WE USED PROTE...

Semen Analysis

I'd like help interpreting my husbands semen analysis results they read as follows Liquification complete: Yes Visc...

AZOOSSPERMIA

2 years ago i did ICSI by TESA. but not getting pregnant. doctors seen 5-6 sperms in TESA. I want to know, this is ob...

ovulation

I have 2 very faint lines on my ovulation test. Im confused if im ovulating or not because I gpt a trigger shot at m...

very high LH level

hi. what can be the reason for my serum LH level to be as high as 65u/L? FSH was 14u/L and testosterone normal. I'm 2...

Had three ectopic pregnancies achieved through iac

Hi, i had three ectopic pregnancies achieved through iac. The first two treated with methotrexate they didnt see wher...

Clomid delay cycle?

1st clomid. Estradiol on day 17 was almost 600 and progesterone on day 21 was 76. My cycles are usually 26-28 days. ...

medroxiprogesteron and vaccines

Which vaccines are contraindicated in case of taking medroxiprogesteron to get pregnant?

HSG question

Hi, I was given this report from a HSG test. Could you please tell me what this means? Retro flexed uterine cavity...

semen analysis results

Dear drs This is a semen analysis of a 31 year old male with a 4 years history of infertility, kindly requesting you...

Semen test results

I did a semen test and the result is as follows: motility is 55 % sluggish 35 % non motile 10 % Color: opalesc...

Are my Progesterone levels too low?

I have been trying to conceive for one year. I am 26 years old my husband is 30 years old. No luck so far. I have had...

ultrasound shows endometrium measures 7.5mm

my ultrasound shows endometrium measures 7.5mm and also B/L ovaries show discrete follicles with no e/o adnexal mass ...

Post Your Thoughts