Question :

Heavy Bleeding 8 weeks after c-section.

I have a c-section almost 8 weeks ago. I passed blood through my vaginal for 3 weeks. At 4 weeks post op I began taking birth control pills. AT 5 weeks I began passing blood again. It's been almost 3 weeks and it hasn't stopped. Could something seriously be wrong. I am also still numb but I do feel pain in my vagina and lower left abdomen. I have not been sexually active. What should I do?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Any bleeding more than 2 weeks after a c-section is cause for concern and needs to be investigated. The most probable cause would be a retained product of conception (placenta) that is causing the bleeding. You may need to visit you ob/gyn doctor for an internal examination, bloodwork and imaging studies to determine the cause of the bleed.

Questions related to Cesarean Section

38th week pregenancy

I am 27 year old at 38th week pregnancy. Iam 4.9 ft height and 68 kg weight presently. My doctor told me that the chi...

Is Epidurals safe if you are allergic to sulfa ...

What medications are in epidurals and do they contain sulfites? I have a severe allergy to sulfites that triggers m...

Vbac possible after two C-sections?

Hi my name. Is MARTIKA Powell and I was wondering if its possible to have a vbac after 2 c-sections. My first was e...

Placenta Accreta and C-section

Hello, I had a c-section for the birth of my first child and presented placenta accreta. My doctor has told me that...

Ectopic pregnancy post-surgery pain

Hi, 3 weeks ago i had my right fallopian tube removed because of an ectopic pregnancy, the right side of the incisio...

Old incision re-opening by itself

I am a 34 year old female that had a c-section 4 years ago. I have recently gained a large amount of weight and hav...

Pain around incision

I had a c-section just over a month ago. And all of a sudden I'm having really bad pain around the incision and it i...

Normal birth after ceasarian section

Hi i'm pat. I had my first baby through ceasarian section. What are my chances of having my second baby through norm...

Severe leg swelling after a c-section

My daughter has leg swelling so bad, she cries every time she has to use the restroom, her legs won't bend and are h...

Removal of ovary at C-Section

I Had a cesarean on Jan 19, 2009. The doctor took my right ovary out withut telling me. I want to know why a docto...

Numbness after C-section

I had a c-section in October 17, 2009 and my skin above my incision is still numb. (an inch below my belly button an...

Pregancy after C-section

I HAD A QUESTION AND HOPE YOU COULD HELP ME I HAD A BABY DEC 16,2009 I HAD A C-SECTION AND I WAS STILL DISCHARGING B...

Post Your Thoughts