Question :

Reducing Fever in 3 year Old

What is the best way to bring down a fever my three year old son has? It is 103.7. I heard that you should put them in a luke warm bath?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Hello, I understand your worry about your son’s fever. Certainly one of the best physical methods to reduce the fever is to take a bath with lukewarm water. You could also try dressing him in light clothes, placing wet compresses on his forehead and armpits.
You might want to give him Tylenol to help reduce the fever in combination with the physical methods, in my opinion this is better than to use medications alone. Certainly it is very important to keep your son well hydrated, so plenty of fluids are recommended.
If the fever does not remit in the next hours, I will suggest you to take him to your health care provider for more detailed treatment. I wish him a prompt recovery.

Questions related to Baby Teething

is polio vaccine safe with fever or teething or...

Currently My wife got fever and runny nose while my 9-month old baby got only runny nose now. Baby just hade feve...

Amoxicillin and calpol: Can it be given together?

My son has been given Amoxicillin for a minor chest infection. He's also teething. Is it safe to give him calpol too?

Toothpaste causing diarrhea?

My 2 year old son has had small bowel movements multiple times per day for a couple of weeks now. He has no other s...

Teething and Cutting a Babies Gums

My daughter's mother-in-law is obsessed with children teething. She thinks she is a genius because she slit her bab...

Infant Fever

1 year old grandson has 102.4 under his arm what does that equate to? he does not want to take any liquid and he vo...

Post Your Thoughts