Question :

Pregnant 26 years old female with genital warts

I am 26 weeks pregnant i recently had sex about two weeks ago, and contract genital warts, did my recent partner give it to me if he has no visual sign or symptoms?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The genital warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Infection with genital warts may not be obvious sometimes. Genital warts are highly contagious. There is roughly 60% risk of getting the infection from a single sexual contact with someone who has genital warts. Recurrence rates of genital warts are greater than 50% after one year and have been attributed to the following factors: Recurrent infection from a sexual partner, potentially long incubation time of HPV, persistence of the virus in the surrounding skin, in the hair follicle, or in sites that are missed by the treatment used, deep lesions or lesions that cannot be detected. Genital warts often appear or increase in number during pregnancy. Dormant infections may also become activated. Because no treatment is 100% effective, it is important to prevent the spread of HPV which causes genital warts and some cancers whenever possible. Transmission of genital warts can be decreased if you use condoms and refrain from sexual activity until therapy is completed.

Questions related to Pregnancy and Sex

Possible pregnancy after mutual masturbation?

I'm worried I might have gotten my girlfriend pregnant. I'm 15 and she's 16. She gave me a blow job, and it was the ...

Could I Be Pregnant?

Hello, well I had sex and I got a UTI so i went to my doctor 2-3 days after and he tested my urine for pregnancy and ...

Brown discharge instead of period, could i be p...

Light period, no blood, but brown discharge?

Am I pregnant, used plan b one step 12 hours af...

I had sex with boyfriends (unprotected) he did not ejaculate inside me. He previously masturbated twice before having...

Could I be pregnant?

I'm 29 years old and I've had my tubes tied for a little over 3 years now. My periods have always been normal but thi...

Condom broke and chances of pregnancy

Dear Doctor, I had sex with my girlfriend July 23rd, and the condom broke. I immediately pulled out, and I didn't eja...

Implantation bleeding vs. Early Period?

On Sunday I had sex with my boyfriend. I was not very naturally lubracated and we did it unprotected for around 2-4 m...

Pregnancy scare

Recently i had a sex with my girlfriend and it was protected sex i pulled out before ejaculation as well and about a ...

could i be pregnant

im having light bleeding could I be preganat

Could I be Pregnant?

About a week ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came in me twice. A few days later we had unprotected ...

is she a pregnant?

Actually i had an unprotected sex with my girl on 5th of june and she had an i-pill within 3 hrs and again i intimate...

Can my GF be pregnant?

PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. I'M STRESSED OUT! so exactly 14 days ago, things got hot bet...

Unprotected sex

I had unprotected sex but didn't ejaculate in girl and gave her plan b she is late for her period from before we had ...

Am I pregnant?

I don't know if I am pregnant or if something else is wrong, could you please help? I have had sex a handful of tim...

Missed period, urinary frequency, am I pregnant?

I had a tubal in 08 and 3 missed peroids going pee a lot more and flutter in belly can I be pregaunt

Is my girlfriend pregnant

The day after her period I had protected sex with my girlfriend and as I took my condom off I accidentally got a litt...

want a family

I'm trying to have a family with my husband. We have sex and we don't use nothing. He come inside me and I have sti...

IUD lodged in my colon

I have an IUD lodged in my colon. I've had many issues since this, including having to abort one pregnancy and a seco...

possibly pregnant?

I have been experiencing lightheadedness along with tender breasts and also had a very light period is there a possib...

Pregnancy bed rest and masturbation

I am 32 weeks pregnant and on bed rest for a soft cervix. I had an ultrasound last week and all looked good in terms ...

Pregnancy Scare, worried

Got carried away had unprotected sex for about 2-3 minutes maybe. Then put on a condom and finished with the condom o...

Side effects of certain drugs on pregnancy

My husband is 37yrs Old, we are late married. He is taking medicines like larpose , lonazep and elcab for mental dep...

am I pregnant?

What are te chances of me being pregnant? I haven't had my period yet but it's not supposed to come for another 2 weeks.

Could i be Pregnant?

Hello , I am 14 years old and for the past month I've felt very weird . I've had nausea at night , plus I've bee...

Took plan b 32 hours after unprotected sex, sta...

i had unprotected sex 4 days after i finished my period. i took the morning after pill 32 hours later, and 5 days aft...

Post Your Thoughts