Question :

What are the chances of conceiving if I have unprotected intercourse on my fertile days?

I had a sex with my girlfriend and she is on her fertile period (day 9-16). I used a condom and ejaculated in it... Then I removed it and we were just playing (and it got hard again and we got careless and we started again without condom, only briefly after removing the condom) We are now scared she might be pregnant. What should we do?? (its been around 20 hours since it happened). How much increase in chance does a pregnancy come if shes on this fertile period in her menstrual cycle?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Based on the circumstances you have described, there’s roughly a 50% chance of her getting pregnant. Bear this in mind: condoms even when intact (no tears), is only 98% effective in preventing pregnancy. Engaging in sexual intercourse after ejaculation and removing the condom can still result in pregnancy because the residual cum still has sperm cells. It is also noteworthy that sperm cells can live up to 3-5 days within the vagina. If she does ovulate (releases an egg from the ovary) and the sperm cells are still viable, she can still conceive. I do hope I have answered your question and please practice safe sex always. Take care.

Questions related to Pregnancy and Sex

Possible pregnancy and first time sexual inter ...

Hi, This is a bit embarrassing to admit but my boyfriend and I were rubbing against each other without insertion (a...

Possible pregnancy after mutual masturbation?

I'm worried I might have gotten my girlfriend pregnant. I'm 15 and she's 16. She gave me a blow job, and it was the ...

Could I Be Pregnant?

Hello, well I had sex and I got a UTI so i went to my doctor 2-3 days after and he tested my urine for pregnancy and ...

Could I be pregnant?

I am on the depo shot. I go for my 2nd one in September. 2 weeks ago I started taking Bactrim for a infection. Ever s...

Brown discharge instead of period, could i be p...

Light period, no blood, but brown discharge?

Am I pregnant, used plan b one step 12 hours af...

I had sex with boyfriends (unprotected) he did not ejaculate inside me. He previously masturbated twice before having...

Could I be pregnant?

I'm 29 years old and I've had my tubes tied for a little over 3 years now. My periods have always been normal but thi...

Plan B, Ovary Pain, Swollen Breasts

Hello. I'm 23 and had unprotected sex on Saturday at around 2am. He told me many times he did not climax inside me an...

Could I be pregnant or is it something else

I had protected sex at the end of July we used a condom. But I'm 5 days late on my period, and I feel tightness and b...

Condom broke and chances of pregnancy

Dear Doctor, I had sex with my girlfriend July 23rd, and the condom broke. I immediately pulled out, and I didn't eja...

Implantation bleeding vs. Early Period?

On Sunday I had sex with my boyfriend. I was not very naturally lubracated and we did it unprotected for around 2-4 m...

Pregnancy scare

Recently i had a sex with my girlfriend and it was protected sex i pulled out before ejaculation as well and about a ...

emergency contraception bleeding

my period ended a week ago took take action (EC) and got my period again is this normal? Could I be pregnant? 12-17t...

could i be pregnant

im having light bleeding could I be preganat

Could I be Pregnant?

About a week ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came in me twice. A few days later we had unprotected ...

is she a pregnant?

Actually i had an unprotected sex with my girl on 5th of june and she had an i-pill within 3 hrs and again i intimate...

Can my GF be pregnant?

PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. I'M STRESSED OUT! so exactly 14 days ago, things got hot bet...

Unprotected sex

I had unprotected sex but didn't ejaculate in girl and gave her plan b she is late for her period from before we had ...

Am I pregnant?

I don't know if I am pregnant or if something else is wrong, could you please help? I have had sex a handful of tim...

Missed period, urinary frequency, am I pregnant?

I had a tubal in 08 and 3 missed peroids going pee a lot more and flutter in belly can I be pregaunt

Is my girlfriend pregnant

The day after her period I had protected sex with my girlfriend and as I took my condom off I accidentally got a litt...

want a family

I'm trying to have a family with my husband. We have sex and we don't use nothing. He come inside me and I have sti...

IUD lodged in my colon

I have an IUD lodged in my colon. I've had many issues since this, including having to abort one pregnancy and a seco...

possibly pregnant?

I have been experiencing lightheadedness along with tender breasts and also had a very light period is there a possib...

Pregnancy bed rest and masturbation

I am 32 weeks pregnant and on bed rest for a soft cervix. I had an ultrasound last week and all looked good in terms ...

Post Your Thoughts