Question :

Contreception pill

I am worried as i have been taking my pill non stop for nearly 3years, will this stop my chances of having children?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Contraceptives don’t cause infertility after stopping them, you might probably have difficulty getting pregnant in the following cycles until your body regulates and start producing its own natural hormones again. However, most women get pregnant immediately after stopping their contraceptive pills.

Questions related to Contraception

unprotected sex

Can we use unwanted 72twice within 3 days ... and other question is that is it necessary to take another pill(unwante...

pregnant or stress

Help!! I don't know if I'm pregnant or i"m just stressed .I'm late on my period but I had protected sex and he...

IUD bleeding and cramping

I have an IUD in now. I am going to get it removed and have a new one inserted because the one I have now is expired....

I don't want to have a baby! Please help!

I am on a contraceptive pill and have been for nearly 2 months now. I didn't get my period in the first month on the...

Urgent help regarding pregnancy and contracepti...

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 2 days ago and even though he didn't ejaculate in me, some if it was on my va...

birth control pill help

hi, im a 17 year old female and ive been taking the alysena birth control pill for a year, i swiched to yaz to see if...

Pill help

Can i start the pill 4 days into my period and it will still work?

Does the morning after pill mess up your cycle

I had to take the morning after pill in may. I had my period On the 15th of may had not been totally done had sex on ...

Trying to get pregnant after removing Mirena coil

I have the mirena coil to prevent pregnancies and i would like it removed now so that i could get pregnant. I would l...

Is missed period a side effect of Depo Provera?

I went to the GP on Thursday to discuss contraception. I was due to start my period that day, had had all the usual s...

Do bad menstrual pains mean no chance of pregna...

Our neighbor told us that since my wife is having bad menstrual pains that we won't be able to have children in the f...

What are the chances of pregnancy?

I've been on the pill for two weeks now, and my boyfriend rubbed the tip of his penis against my vagina - he is unsur...

Vomitting after coming off birth control

Hi, I'm a 26 year old female who stopped taking birth control after 11 years on it with hopes of trying to conceive....

Contraceptive pill and voltaren - effects?

Hi, I recently had an accident and was prescribed a single tablet of volatren 50 each day. I forgot to mention to ...

Birth Control

I wanted to know if I want o skip a month of my period, is it safe to keep taking the pill until my period for the ne...

I had the depo and plan b pill

I have had unprotected sex on december 4 . He came inside. When I went to doctor next day she said I was due for th...

Birth control causes terrible dry eyes, will an...

I've been trying various combined pills for ages, never with any success. I've tried Microgynon 30 twice, and have j...

Missing IUD strings

29 year old mother of 2 kids, and my weight is 83kgs , i m having IUD inserted and strings are missing from last 15 ...

Antibiotics with contraceptive pill

Hi i am 30 years old and currently on Diane 35 contraceptive pill. I want to go back on tetralysal 300 for another ...

Periods after depo injection

I came off the depo injection in October after only one shot. I got my first period January 19th - 24th and then my ...

Coming off contraception and nautral ovulation

I was on Microgyam contraceptive pill for around 8 years and came off it in November 2011 to start trying for a baby...

Weird syntomps while on the pill... Am I pregn...

Hi I've been on mycroginion 30 for 6 years without any problems. Then, I skipped them for 1 month last year from oct...

Female sterilisation, best time to get it done.

I am seriously thinking of getting sterilised. what are the procedures for female sterilisation, when is the best ti...

Is there any side effects of taking emergency c...

Am a 23 year old girl. i had sex with my boyfriend using condoms six times in 3 days. After 2 intercourses i had an i...

Missed period and unable to start contraceptive...

I recently got a prescription for the contraceptive pill (Yaz). I was told to take it on the first day of my period, ...

Should I take Plan B or not?

I am very unsure of whether or not to take the Plan B pill. My boyfriend and I typically practice safe sex with cond...

Diane35 and use of oral contraceptive in hypert...

I've been taking Diane35 since 2011. Later in 2011 I been diagnosed with hypertension and low potassium. what other ...

Mirena coil removal and pregnancy

I have the mirena coil fitted for about 6 months now. Both my partner and i have recently decided we would like anot...

What is the chance of getting pregnant while ta...

What is the chance of getting pregnant while taking the combined pill back to back and had unprotected sex?

Emergency contraception and its side effects

I am 28yrs old, female. My LMP was on 24th of December 2011, I had intercourse with my husband on 7th of jan 2012. I...

Want to get pregnant after tubal ligation

I have had my tubes clamped for 8yrs. Is it possible to get pregnant without help.

Trying to get pregnant when on yasmin (contrace...

This is my first day of the pill yazmine. me and my fiance want to have a baby. what tips do you have me and when i ...

Will my Birth Control be effective?

I have been taking Loestrin 24 fe for about 1 month and a half now. This past Saturday I missed a pill and I took a ...

Does removal of mirena coil cause miscarriage?

I have had the merena coil fitted since last year and i have been getting more and more pregnancy related symptoms. ...

How long do I have to wait for sex after starti...

I was having a very light black discharge for about five days and thinking it was my period i began taking my first ...

Mirena coil and irregular periods

I had a mirena coil removed after 3.5 years and now been trying to conceive for 4 months but it's proving to be diff...

Side effect of morning after pill

Hey, my girlfriend took the morning after pill after a condom failure. a few days later she began light bleeding but...

Chances of pregnancy after progesterone was sto...

Was on progesteon, stopped to have my period no bleeding, had unpotected sex for 3 days and then took morning after ...

Missed 3 days of birth pills, what do I do?

I have been taking microgynon 30 for the last 2 years and this has never happened before (that i can remember). i we...

Are condoms as well as the withdrawal method ne...

Hi. I was wondering about contraception. I'm a 18 year old female and I've been on the pill for nearly three years, ...

One year age girl swallowed CERAZETTE tablet

URGENT, My daughter ,1 year age, accidentally swallowed one CERAZETTE tablet, contains desogestrel 75 microgram, How...

Amenorrhea and Plan B Pill

I have amenorrhea, I haven't had my period in almost 5 months due to a medical issue. I had sex Thursday and the con...

Birth Control vs Antibiotics

I've been on Tri-Previfem, better known as Ortho Tri-Cyclen 28, for about 9 years. I haven't any children, and no com...

Antibiotics and its effect on birth control pills

Do antibiotics affect the effectiveness of birth control pills?

I took plan B and missed my period. What should...

I had sex June 4, 2011. About 12 hours later, I took the Plan B one step pill. The following Tuesday, the 14 of June...

When should I take Plan B pill?

So my friend is freaking out. Last week she had sex (with a condom) with a boy and regreted, so two days later she t...

Unprotected sex with my girl friend and Plan B

Me and my girl friend had unprotected sex. She has been on birth control for 4 days. I pulled out before i came in h...

Falling pregnant while on the pill

I've recently fallen pregnant while taking the pill, (Cilest) My query is this.... - After missing taking 1, 2 or 3 ...

How does the Plan B emergency contraception work?

Hi, i just want to know how the plan b pill works exactly. I took the pill 68 hours after having sexual intercourse ...

Two doses of morning after pills taken one day ...

I had unprotected sex and i got really scared. I took 2 morning after pills(2 boxes x 1 pill) 2 days apart just to b...

Post Your Thoughts