Question :

Menstration Cycle Messed Up Or Pregnant Or What?!?

I am 23 yrs old I had unpotected sex 1 da ater my menstruation cycle and my boyfriend came inside me 16 days later (following month) I got my "period" for three days 1st day was just some discoloring, 2nd day it was there and then 3rd day GONE! This has never happened EVER I have been irregular but nothing like this. A fe days after havin unprotected sex my breats where tender and swollen that has gone away also i havr had cramps like i am going to get my menstrual cycle? Could i be pregnant and after having unprotected sex how many days is sufficiant enough to take the test and get a correct answer? thanks.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I do understand that you are concerned by your symptoms. You do have chances of being pregnant. The light bleeding you experienced could be due to menstruation or an implantation bleed. Pregnancy tests are however pretty standard in quality. However the best time to take a pregnancy test is 5-7 days after a missed period as this is when the hormone levels in the urine are high enough to be picked up by the test. Another option would be to see your doctor and do a blood pregnancy test which is more sensitive in determining pregnancy.

Questions related to Menstruation

Should I go to the ER for treatment?

Should I go to the ER for heavy menstrual bleeding? I'm soaking 2 overnight pads an hour, and still leaking through o...

Irregular bleeding within a short period of the...

I am 24 years old and had sex 2 days after my period ended. It was a protected and then unprotected one. After that I...

Bleeding heavy for 3 days, what should I do?

I've been bleeding very heavy for 3 1/2 days now, going through a tampon every hour and losing quarter size and large...

Menstruation Crisis . . . . . . .

I have not got my period for 5 months. I am 13 years old, i first got my period when i was 11. I am not sexually acti...

6 months of not having period

A friend of mine hasn't got her period for 6 months and she never had sexual intercourse before. What may have caused...

Unusually Heavy Period

Im 30 years old, no kids. My last normal period was May 22, it lasted for four or five days. On June 21 I started spo...

Black bloody discharge after fetal abruption

Hi, I am a 21 yo female, and 6 weeks ago I had a fetal abruption and lost the baby. I think that my period has come b...

Menstrual spotting

I brown spot every 14th day of my cycle for two months. No pain and just little amounts. My cycle changed from 30-...

What could the light blood i experienced be?

My last period was June 14th-18th. I had unprotected sex with my husband the 24th-26th of June. on the first day of m...

Am i having a miscarriage

I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and have irregular cycles my last one was in November.....for the last 4 days i h...

Trying to conceive

I am trying to conceive and recently had my Mirena removed 4 months ago. My periods seemed to regulate until this mon...

Brown blood discharge

Hi, I'm 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant and earlier I noticed some brown blood/discharge not much tho, no cramps or anyth...

Pregnant? or something else?

Hello, I am 23 years old, I was on the Depo shot for about 6 years, I have been off of it for about 2 years, and last...

I'm paranoid from changing my tampon!

I was on my period and my fiancé was sexually excited, so I jacked him off. I remember whipping off my hands a...

Symptoms like coming on my period but cramping

This week I should have started my cycle...I have symptoms as if I was coming on my period by there is nothing I have...

Irregular periods

I have irregular periods, so skipping a month is usually a normal thing but this time around I've been spotting (for ...

Why is my period back again this month?

Hi, I have fairly regular periods. Typically heavy with clots. I had my regular period 2 days early on June 8th. It w...

Bleeding after 5 days in 10 year old

My 10 years old daughter started her period on June 18 and 5 days later she is still bleeding I'd that normal or do I...

No children and diagnosed with PCOS

i have no children,and diagnosed with pcos.my perios is irregular.what are the treatment

Sharp lower abdominal pains after morning after...

I'm a 19 female, I took morning after pill and got my period, but since then I have been suffering from sharp lower a...

Odds of bleeding monthly when pregnant?

Would most women continue to have a period every 28 days during pregnancy..with clots also. I've had 4 periods..sinc...

All of a sudden abnormal periods

Hello! I am 23 years old - have had a regular period and been on birth control for ten years now. I always know when ...

Late period with brownish discharge, can I be p...

I had sex May 1st May 6th (ovulation day) and May 7th All three times my boyfriend used the pullout method. Two days ...

Can stress and change in diet cause a late or m...

My friend is late on her period. She uses an app to track when it is expected to come, but she is unsure on if she en...

Should I take Plan B to be safe after a slipped...

If I had sex, for the first time,Sunday night and the condom slipped off, I'm not sure if sperm entered my vagina or ...

Post Your Thoughts