Question :

Best time for hcg test for pregnancy

Hello doctor,normally my period cycle is 30 days,today is my 32"nd day,so i take hcg test in night only,it shows negative,my question is should i take hcg test only in the first urine or any other time,now what about my situation sir?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Home pregnancy test are fairly accurate in detecting pregnancy if done during the right time. Urine tests for pregnancy are most sensitive 2-3 weeks after conception. Before this, the pregnancy hormone levels may not be high to be detected in the tests. The test is accurate if you take it a week after you miss your periods (you may have to wait a couple of days to repeat the test). The test should be done in the morning with the first urine sample as it contains the most hormone concentration. I hope this helps, take care.

Questions related to Missed Period

Late period, Negative HPT. Should I see my doct...

Should I go see my Doctor, or am I over reacting?

Miscarriage, period, and now 3 months later sti...

I'm 21, I had normal periods for most of my life always coming exactly a month later. I had a baby at 18 (no complica...

Pregnacy after meraina iud

Hello, i got my meraina iud out july 8 2014, that same day even before getting it removed i started my period. My hus...

Mildly concerned about missing a period after sex

I have irregular periods and it is not unusual for me to miss them but i had sex during the time I was expecting to h...

Nothisterone period delay

I have recently taken Nothisterone to delay my period whilst on holiday - however, it didn't seem to work as after ab...

Could i be pregnant?

I am 3 days late on my period. I've never been late. Im always early. I have taken 2 tests that had a faint second li...

Pregnancy or Stress

Im 6days delayed. Had sex on July 17-19. Took HPT on July 25,27,29,30 & were all negative. Is hpt reliable that t...

Could I Be Pregnant

I'm 10days late in me and my boyfriend had sex earlier this month and he enjackulated in me but my period came on at...

could I be pregnant

I am three days late for my period could I be pregnant or could it be due to stress

Is this a real pregnancy?

I had 5 positive pregnancy tests last month then I started bleeding after I was 2 days past my start date. I started ...

Period

i want know going on with my period for 8 month .. i want know about that .. this wrong with my month period .. not t...

Could I be pregnant?

My boyfriend was getting himself off on the seventeenth of this month, and it was right at my entrance. We're both vi...

pregnancy - my period is 8 days late

Hi doctor. I usually get my period on 22nd day but i m 8 days late. i am not getting any signs of pregnancy but i did...

Period but pregnant?

I've read many things online about women not missing periods but still being pregnant. Is this a common thing?

missed period but negative pregnancy result

Dear doctor, Im 27 years old male. My wife is 20 years. we married 5 months ago. Initially she get concieved...

period stressing

Hi im olivia,im 15 ive had protected sex for about 2 months now but this month i seem to be about 3-4 days late for m...

Supposed to start my period

I was supposed to start my period yesterday my first day of my last period was June 17, 2014. I took a pregnancy test...

Could I be pregnant?

I had sex the day after my period ended, and the condom broke. I took plan b within 24 hours of the incident. I had v...

missed period am I pregnant

Hi !!! I got married on 7th May and had my periods on the same day, after my period me n my husband were sexually ac...

Pregnancy question

Last Saturday, July 5th, my boyfriend and I were fooling around. We both had underwear on, but there was rubbing on t...

Four days late, 3 negative HPT

Hi my period late four days n their usually regular.. I've taken three pregnancy tests n all are negative.. I'm haver...

Period

I lost my virginity on May 7. We used a condom. I got my a regular period around May 15 but it was shorter than usual...

Missed periods

I'm on junelle (birthcontrol) I'm regular but this month I missed my periods. I did pregnancy test twice. Both were o...

Cramps or pregnant?

I had sex with my boyfriend and 3 days later I was on my period now I've been having cramps but no period. It usual ...

Plan B & No Period but Negative Pregnancy ...

I started my period May 27. On the last day of my period (May 31) my boyfriend and I had sex. The condom broke, and I...

Post Your Thoughts