Nausea, dizzines, fatigue, headache, vaginal mucusy discharge and late period

Dear Ask The Doctor:  I have 2 children and my husband & I aren't planning another one so we have just been using condoms. But the last week I've had terrible , just recently added to it is nausea, dizzines, fatigue, headache, vaginal mucusy discharge but late period. I've taken a Home preg Test and had my Doctor perfom a urine sample as well they both came back negative. Is there a chance I tested too early or what else could be the problem? Thank you very much!

Dear Patient:  This is a common concern.
While the best home based urine pregnancy tests can give an answer as early as 7 days after conception, the most accurate results are received after you have missed a period or are late for your period.  My best advise is to avoid sexual activity for 7 days and retest - a second negative test would rule out the possibility of pregnancy.  If you are not pregnant and still having the same symptoms, your doctor will consider other causes.

Please login or signup to post comments!

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for