Is it possible to get pregnant with pre-ejaculatory fluid?

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Hello, I am worried if i am pregnant. My last period came on 8th of may.Me and my boyfriend had some sex on the 15th of may. first he wore a condom and rubbed with his penis on top of my vagina for 30 mins, but in between we dont know when the condom slipped. then we had penetration to, till it reached the hymen. again we dont know when the condom slipped during this penetration. There was no ejaculation near my body of any sort, but we are worried about pre-ejaculation. I am late with my period for 7 days now. i had backache a few days ago. Yesterday he fingered me and when i reached home i saw there was blood. But it was very less. Now i am worried if its implantation bleeding, and that i am pregnant. in the country i live in, i cant go to a doctor for this. we can take home pregnancy tests, but i am not sure when to take it. Please in ur medical opinion, say what is most likely happening

Dear Patient:  Using condoms (even if it does not break) is only ~98% effective to prevent pregnancy. The mere fact that the condom broke greatly increases the chance of conceiving. Any seminal fluid, pre-ejaculation, ejaculation or post ejaculation, contains sperms cells. Even if he did not ejaculate inside you there is still a significant chance of getting pregnant. Sperm cells can live up to 3-5 days inside the vagina as well. You may do a home pregnancy test now. Better do this in the morning (first morning urine upon waking up) because during this time, the urine has the highest amount of detectable hormones. Repeating the home pregnancy test 1-2 weeks from now is also an option. The bleeding you had could be due to trauma (fingering) or yes, implantation bleeding. If you find out you are not pregnant, please practice safe sex always; use condoms AND birth control pills or patch. This way you will not be thrown in jail and unwanted pregnancy can be avoided. I hope this helps.

Please login or signup to post comments!

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for