Question :

Missed periods but negative pregnancy test and ultrasound

Hi. My last period was in April 2011, and I haven't period till now. I took home pregnancy test and it showed negative. I went for ultrasound and there is 'nothing' inside. Also, the doc said there is some kind of blood form inside there waited to be discharged as in period. So the doc gave me 10 days of pill to help me with my menses. I have started the pill from 16 June but I haven't period till now. I got all the PMS symptoms like mood swings, breast pain, back pain, acne, fatigue... What is actually happening? Thanks for your help.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You may have an ectopic pregnancy - means the implantation of the fertilised ovum occurs outside of the uterus, more commonly anywhere in the tubes. In such cases the pregnancy hormone levels may be low and one may test negative on the home pregnancy test. Ultrasound may not show anything in the uterus because the implantation has not occured in the uterus but the fallopian tube. Thus you may repeat the home pregnancy test or take a blood test which is more accurate for confirmation. Ultrasound may be repeated with due observation for the presence of any ectopic pregnancy. You need to consult a gynecologist at the earliest for early management of the condition (if it is diagnosed to be an ectopic pregnancy) and prevent complications related with the growing pregnancy and considerably small room for its accommodation in the tube.

Questions related to Missed Period

Late period, Negative HPT. Should I see my doct...

Should I go see my Doctor, or am I over reacting?

Miscarriage, period, and now 3 months later sti...

I'm 21, I had normal periods for most of my life always coming exactly a month later. I had a baby at 18 (no complica...

Pregnacy after meraina iud

Hello, i got my meraina iud out july 8 2014, that same day even before getting it removed i started my period. My hus...

Mildly concerned about missing a period after sex

I have irregular periods and it is not unusual for me to miss them but i had sex during the time I was expecting to h...

Nothisterone period delay

I have recently taken Nothisterone to delay my period whilst on holiday - however, it didn't seem to work as after ab...

Could i be pregnant?

I am 3 days late on my period. I've never been late. Im always early. I have taken 2 tests that had a faint second li...

Pregnancy or Stress

Im 6days delayed. Had sex on July 17-19. Took HPT on July 25,27,29,30 & were all negative. Is hpt reliable that t...

Could I Be Pregnant

I'm 10days late in me and my boyfriend had sex earlier this month and he enjackulated in me but my period came on at...

could I be pregnant

I am three days late for my period could I be pregnant or could it be due to stress

Is this a real pregnancy?

I had 5 positive pregnancy tests last month then I started bleeding after I was 2 days past my start date. I started ...

Period

i want know going on with my period for 8 month .. i want know about that .. this wrong with my month period .. not t...

Could I be pregnant?

My boyfriend was getting himself off on the seventeenth of this month, and it was right at my entrance. We're both vi...

pregnancy - my period is 8 days late

Hi doctor. I usually get my period on 22nd day but i m 8 days late. i am not getting any signs of pregnancy but i did...

Period but pregnant?

I've read many things online about women not missing periods but still being pregnant. Is this a common thing?

missed period but negative pregnancy result

Dear doctor, Im 27 years old male. My wife is 20 years. we married 5 months ago. Initially she get concieved...

period stressing

Hi im olivia,im 15 ive had protected sex for about 2 months now but this month i seem to be about 3-4 days late for m...

Supposed to start my period

I was supposed to start my period yesterday my first day of my last period was June 17, 2014. I took a pregnancy test...

Could I be pregnant?

I had sex the day after my period ended, and the condom broke. I took plan b within 24 hours of the incident. I had v...

missed period am I pregnant

Hi !!! I got married on 7th May and had my periods on the same day, after my period me n my husband were sexually ac...

Pregnancy question

Last Saturday, July 5th, my boyfriend and I were fooling around. We both had underwear on, but there was rubbing on t...

Four days late, 3 negative HPT

Hi my period late four days n their usually regular.. I've taken three pregnancy tests n all are negative.. I'm haver...

Period

I lost my virginity on May 7. We used a condom. I got my a regular period around May 15 but it was shorter than usual...

Missed periods

I'm on junelle (birthcontrol) I'm regular but this month I missed my periods. I did pregnancy test twice. Both were o...

Cramps or pregnant?

I had sex with my boyfriend and 3 days later I was on my period now I've been having cramps but no period. It usual ...

Plan B & No Period but Negative Pregnancy ...

I started my period May 27. On the last day of my period (May 31) my boyfriend and I had sex. The condom broke, and I...

Missed period, negative HPT, but worried.

My girlfriend hasn't had her period and its 6 days late so far. We had unprotected sex 4 weeks ago, I never released...

missed period but wasn't ovulating when interco...

iam a virgin and me and my boyfriend were trying new things and he just put the tip of his penis in but he didnt brea...

4 days late and started spotting a bit

Dear doctor, I am 4 days late and yesterday I starting spotting a little bit. It was a very light pinkish orange colo...

Irregular periods every 19 or 15 days.

dear doctor i constantly have irregular periods that occur every 19 or 15 days. this month i was due on the 24th i a...

18th day of my cycle I had sex with a condom wh...

hello, On the 18th day of my circle,i had sex with a condom,although the first one broke but he replaced it immediat...

Very light pink mucus on toilet paper

I had my tubes tied 8 yrs ago. My periods have been heavy and very painful but consistent every month. I didnt start ...

Missed period? Negative HPT.

hello doctor. My name is ellyssa, I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and I am 15 days late with my...

Does being underweight account for irregular pe...

I always have irregular periods...my last period was on march 1...didnt get til now...took preg test but negative onl...

Very light pink blood and 4 day late period

Period is four days late and now bleeding very light pinkish blood what does this mean

First time sex with boyfriend and period out of...

So my period isn't regular. I had my period April 19 then may I had it the 24 in the morning. We'll June this month n...

when is the right time to take home pregnancy t...

Hi doctor... I want to ask you...well... I should have My period on June, 22 but it didn't come till Now and I feel...

Is she pregnant?

Hey, I'm a 21 yr/old male and my girlfriend (20yr/old) hasn't had her period since late April. (We're assuming, we do...

Kenolog 40 mg injection and trying to get pregnant

Hi my name is Victoria Rivera I'm 20 years old and am really concern about something. Recently me and my boyfriend ha...

irregualar period but i dont want a baby now

i got married 5 month ago and i dont want to get a baby now so i am using condoms the problem is that my period is n...

late period

Hi, my period is 5 days late and I've taken two different hpt three days apart and both were negative. I've also been...

Missed period, took 2 pregnancy test came out n...

I took 2 pregnancy test already and both came out negative but my period is still late. It wasn't a problem for me be...

Late Period with 3 negative pregnancy results

I am 33 years old and my period last period was April 19th, 2014. I took 3 home pregnancy test that were negative an...

5-6 insertions into vagina but did not ejaculat...

Hey my girlfriend and I got a bit intimate last month and I imserted my penis into her vagina 5 to 6 times but did ni...

Want to know about my endometrial thickness.

I am 25 years old. I am newly married and sexually active for last 4 months. I usually have my periods regular . But ...

8 days late period and brown spotting. Am I pre...

Hello, I am 8 days late of my period. On the day of expected period I had brown spotting (only when I wipe) for ab...

I have had five HPT negative tests

i have been regular on my periods except for this month.i was due on 7 june.but now i am 45 days late..i have had fiv...

3 months late and don't know what's going on

I am three months late and have no signs of pregnancy. Back in March me and my boyfriend had a condom break. Within a...

sex with two condoms and he jizzed into the condom

I had sex with two condoms and he jizzed into the condom, I'm a day late should I be worried?

trying to conceive for 8 months and nothing hap...

hello. we have been tring to conceive for 8 months now. i am always very regular and after we started trying my peri...

Help

I have been on birth control for 3 1/2 weeks. During the 2nd week of taking the birth control, my boyfriend and I had...

Post Your Thoughts