Question :

Levlen ED and a condom effectiveness?

I am a 16 year old female and have just been put on levlen ed with my mother's consent after losing my virginity. while i am in a steady relationship and my family is aware i am sexually active, a pregnancy could not come at a worse time for me. my boyfriend and i will always use condoms in addition to the contraceptive pill, but i have done my research and found the levlen ed is one of the least reliable forms of the pill. if i am on levlen and using condoms, how likely is pregnancy?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Though there is no such thing as 100% protection, Leven ED (Levonorgestrel 150mcg and Ethinylestradiol 30mcg), is a very effective contraceptive pill if taken correctly. It can be 99% effective  in preventing pregnancy and coupled with condoms pregnancy is very unlikely. I hope this answers your question, I wish you well, take care.

Questions related to Birth Control

Is abortion worse on the body than the daily co...

Is abortion worse on the body than the daily contraceptive pill?

Teen needs advice with birth control

Hello!! I have been taking a very strong dose of birth control for over a year now. I became extremely sick and s...

No Period After Stopping Birth Control, Is this...

I have been on my current birth control for a year now and anytime i missed a couple days my period was always quick ...

Missed birth control pill

I normally take my birth control at 10 pm. I missed it last night and took it at 10:15 this morning. I have had sex w...

i need advice! its important as it has to do wi...

hiya em im around 18 years old and I was wondering if this is to do with the morning after pill today at twenty to tw...

16 year old female with serious stomach pains

i have back pains, exhausted all the time, sharp pains in my belly. ive aslo had my period 5 times in one month but ...

3 days after period had sex and two days later ...

Had unprotected sex three days after my period and got the depo shot two days after having the sex? Is there a chance...

May be pregnant on depo provera injection when ...

I had my depo injection a week late and during that week I had unprotected sex and I think that I am pregnant. I just...

Spot bleeding for 2 weeks straight

Can taking your birth control pills in reverse for one package, like starting at week 3 cause you to spot bleed for 2...

Depo Shot question, please help!

Started the depo shot about two weeks ago, but now i'm showing signs of brownish discharge, does this mean i'm pregnant?

Take B pill

Can i take a plan b pill while on tri-sprintec?

Mirena UID

Have has Mirena IUD for 2 1/2 years. i am one of the one that my period never went away or became lighter. It is regu...

Birth control for increased testosterone levels

hello im a 20 year old female my testosterone levels are too high and was prescribed birth control pills I was wonder...

Abnormal bleeding

I am a 20 year old female and have been on the pill for roughly 3 1/2 years. I got on birth control to stop my bad cr...

Depo shot for 4 years

I was on the on the depo shot for 4 years, I was 18. Now, 22 years and have decided to stop taking my depo shot. Jul...

Paranoid or pregnant?

So I am on birth control (to treat acne) and have never had vaginal sex. Yet I am still paranoid that I am pregnant f...

Bleeding after morning-after pill

I took a morning after pill (Ella) 10 days ago, and I started bleeding after the 4 days that followed even there was ...

Birth control question

I have been on birth control (junel fe) for about three years. I recently went on vacation and left my pills at home....

Birth control question

I just finished a birth control pack I usually start the next pack the first day of my next period which began tod...

I had unprotected sex for 3 months before havin...

Hi I had my son in january this year, me and my partner had sex unprotected until 4th april this year...i then had...

Am I pregnant

Im on birth control and haven't skipped a pill. Me and my boyfriend had sex but didn't use a condom. I took the "...

Scared I am pregnant

Im 17 sexually active that has been on the pill for 4 or 5 years, i had sex about a month ago and am scared i am preg...

Had sex during periods

Hello Doctor. I had an unprotected sex with my girlfriend when she was having her periods and after having sex i gave...

Dominique

If you had unprotected sex and missed your birth control pill then take it after! Can you become pregnant?

Medical abortion

Hello I had gotten a medical abortion on June 5th. I had then gotten a follow up appointment on July 5th. On the July...

Post Your Thoughts