What are the tests for infertility?

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Hey ive been with my husband for about 4 years and we want to have kids i recently asked my own doctor about it and they told me we have to go for tests but we would rather not as we dont know anything about the tests could you help explain what tests they do plz many thanks

Dear Patient:  Infertility tests are done to find out whether the problem is with the man, the woman, or both. Tests for infertility include physical examination, medical history, and blood tests. Blood test may include : tests for female hormones like FSH, LH, estrogen and testosterone levels. Semen analysis, imaging studies like pelvic ultrasound, sonohysterogram, endometrial biopsy, hysterosalpingogram and chromosome analysis may also be required. These test may cause stress but is helpful in detecting the cause of infertility.

Please login or signup to post comments!

SEARCH: