Question :

What multivitamins should I take during pregnancy?

Is it advisable to take omega 3 capsules or food supplements tablets like Centrum tablets while pregnant. I am 9 weeks gone.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Multivitamins make up for any nutritional deficiencies in the mother's diet. While the supplements contain numerous vitamins and minerals, their folic acid, iron, and calcium content are especially important. Folic acid can reduce neural tube defects. Calcium during pregnancy can prevent a new mother from losing her own bone density, as the foetus uses the mineral for bone growth and iron helps both the mother and baby's blood carry oxygen. I would suggest that you take multivitamins that are especially prepared for pregnancy such as Centrum Matrena.

Questions related to Pregnancy

I am 14 ive been raped twice with slight to no ...

Hi so i am 14,15 in novembre i am a skinny girl. in decembre the week of the 15th to the 21, and then a similar thing...

OB GYN needed about stress-related question

I am 18wks pregnant.I'm surprised that I read this article when I did, because I misplaced my DH's keys to his car wh...

Needing answer from a gynecologist/Obstetric ab...

I have had a cornual ectopic pregnancy with right tube removed and wedge of the cornual removed 2 years ago. Can a s...

Stitches after Caesarian

How long does it take for internal stitches to heal from a Caesarian. Can they tear open after 6 weeks,

Could I be pregnant?

So I took a clear blue test and when I looked at it within the first 5-10 mins I had the lights off and I didn't see ...

Pregnant after tubes being tied

I had my tubes tied 8 years ago. My period has always be normal, 29 day cycle and period lasts for 7 days exactly. ...

Pregnancy fear: on birth control, used condom a...

I am a 21 year old female who has been on birth control for about 5 years now. I have been on Jolessa for at least 3 ...

Pregnancy and i dont know if i should worry.

I had protected sex exactly 3 weeks ago. I did not ejaculate at all, but there was pre cum involved,, but only insid...

Marijuana Use for Extreme Morning Sickness and ...

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. Starting at week 5, I have been experiencing extreme morning si...

Brown discharge...Possible pregnancy

I have been on Nuvaring for over two years. I had my last period while on it on 28 June 2014. I took the ring out on ...

Precum and fingering

Hi Doctor, I am very very much stressed out because I think my girl friend (25) might be pregnant. I'm not sure. She...

Pregnancy and How far along.

If my last "period" was from July 12th-July 15th (day late and shorter/lighter then usual) and I took an at...

Negative pregnancy test

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I recently had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in March. My next period came in Ma...

Am I pregnant or over thinking?

I am on Seasonale, a birth control pill that only makes me have my period once every 3 months. Well the last time, I ...

Positive pregnancy test without having a period...

I had a lupron depot 3.75 shot 3month dose. I had it on dec 30, 2013. I had a period in Jan 2014 and none after that....

Pregnancy questions

Is it safe to have a glass of wine while pregnant?

Help me Pregnancy related

I am trying to conceive and on ovulation induction as I have PCOS. Was under medications and also had taken HcG injec...

Help me I need to know what to do because I am ...

My wife is pregnant and having light bleeding stomach cramps pain and nausea vomit Too what sure I do

Did implantation really just happen?

Hi! I recently just got off my period 3 days ago, and had unprotected sex the day after. Around thirty minutes ago, I...

Use of misoprostol and administration

How can i use cytopan vaginally? i am 5 weeks pregnant and i want to abort.

Bloated and nauseous

I've been bloated and nauseous for a couple of days. I had sex three days ago, twice, but an hour apart. Can I be pre...

20 years old, late period, not pregnant?

My period is 10 days late. I have never been on birth control. My boyfriend and I had sex with a condom in June and o...

Will Medroxyprogesterone work if pregnant?

I have a question about pregnancy. I had sex on May 17,2014. After three or four I felt kind of sick for a week but I...

Please explain me to get out

Hello, I am vinothini, my age is 24 and i got married 4 months before. Its arranged marriage by our both p...

Is it safe to eat sushi when you are 32 weeks p...

I was wondering if it is safe for my pregnant wife to eat sushi while she is pregnant? I heard that raw fish is not g...

Post Your Thoughts