Question :

Pregnancy test done too early?

Hello, I am concerned as to whether or not I may be pregnant. I have a 4 year old son and I didnt have many pregnancy symptoms while I carried him. However, my husband and I have been trying to conceive another child and I am having the following symptoms over the past 2-3 weeks: lower back pains, sore breats with constant erect nipples, inability to sleep late nights but almost falling asleep in the evenings, small pimple-like bumps around my nipples, sore lower stomach cramps, have had the feeling that my period is starting for about 2 weeks but nothing until last night when my husband and I had sex, I started spotting and still is but only when I urinate. TMI - But there is nothing in the pads only a few drops but when I urinate I can see not a lot of blood but some. Today I should have started my period but this is definately not my regular flow. Instead it is more pinkish and is way too light to be AF. Nonetheless, I took a pregnancy test this evening but it was negative. Is it possible that I am taking it too soon and that I may in deed be pregnancy? Please advise.. Thanks

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
It is a possibility that you could be pregnant and a negative pregnancy test could be because you've taken the test early. For accurate results, pregnancy tests should be taken after you have crossed the estimated date of menstruation. I would recommend repeating the test after a week. Alternatively you could see your doctor for a blood pregnancy test which is more accurate and can detect pregnancy earlier. I wish you well, take care.

Questions related to Pregnancy

Needing answer from a gynecologist/Obstetric ab...

I have had a cornual ectopic pregnancy with right tube removed and wedge of the cornual removed 2 years ago. Can a s...

Pregnancy fear: on birth control, used condom a...

I am a 21 year old female who has been on birth control for about 5 years now. I have been on Jolessa for at least 3 ...

Marijuana Use for Extreme Morning Sickness and ...

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with our first child. Starting at week 5, I have been experiencing extreme morning si...

Brown discharge...Possible pregnancy

I have been on Nuvaring for over two years. I had my last period while on it on 28 June 2014. I took the ring out on ...

Precum and fingering

Hi Doctor, I am very very much stressed out because I think my girl friend (25) might be pregnant. I'm not sure. She...

Pregnancy and How far along.

If my last "period" was from July 12th-July 15th (day late and shorter/lighter then usual) and I took an at...

Negative pregnancy test

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I recently had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in March. My next period came in Ma...

Am I pregnant or over thinking?

I am on Seasonale, a birth control pill that only makes me have my period once every 3 months. Well the last time, I ...

Positive pregnancy test without having a period...

I had a lupron depot 3.75 shot 3month dose. I had it on dec 30, 2013. I had a period in Jan 2014 and none after that....

Pregnancy questions

Is it safe to have a glass of wine while pregnant?

Help me Pregnancy related

I am trying to conceive and on ovulation induction as I have PCOS. Was under medications and also had taken HcG injec...

Help me I need to know what to do because I am ...

My wife is pregnant and having light bleeding stomach cramps pain and nausea vomit Too what sure I do

Did implantation really just happen?

Hi! I recently just got off my period 3 days ago, and had unprotected sex the day after. Around thirty minutes ago, I...

Use of misoprostol and administration

How can i use cytopan vaginally? i am 5 weeks pregnant and i want to abort.

Bloated and nauseous

I've been bloated and nauseous for a couple of days. I had sex three days ago, twice, but an hour apart. Can I be pre...

20 years old, late period, not pregnant?

My period is 10 days late. I have never been on birth control. My boyfriend and I had sex with a condom in June and o...

Will Medroxyprogesterone work if pregnant?

I have a question about pregnancy. I had sex on May 17,2014. After three or four I felt kind of sick for a week but I...

Please explain me to get out

Hello, I am vinothini, my age is 24 and i got married 4 months before. Its arranged marriage by our both p...

Is it safe to eat sushi when you are 32 weeks p...

I was wondering if it is safe for my pregnant wife to eat sushi while she is pregnant? I heard that raw fish is not g...

spotting 3 months after depo is over

I had one depo shot in march 2014, i had some spotting august 2 no period between march and now, i took a pregnancy t...

Early labor induction

I'm 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I'm having trouble sleeping and keeping comfortable. I have heart burn i can no lon...

am i pregnant or any problem to me

am 1week late on my period...I have severe upper and lower abdominal pain and vomting..I took pregnancy test and it c...

Pregnancy related problem

Me and My Wife were planning to conceive and after trying for sometime went for Check Ups ? 1. Ultrasound TVS of m...

Pregnant or not?

I have nausea,sore nipples,stomach is hard and a bit larger,frequent urination and eating a lot more. I have no misse...

Does Lamotrigine prevent pregnancy?

Would 200mg of Lamotrigine prevent pregnancy?

wanting a baby

I am 21 but very mature for my age and it has come a time now where I feel I am ready for a child. I have previousl...

pregnancy

Got my period July8 on July22 &26 I had sex with my boyfriend on July 28 my Brest started hurting I Spotted for2 ...

misscarriage?

I have missed my period for a week and took a my test it was faint posetiv and i had hopes of having a good pregnancy...

Pregnant with hiccups

I am 13 weeks pregnant. Are hiccups normal throughout pregnancy or is it a sign that something is wrong

ms

I took three home pregnancy test all come out positive so i go to er and they comfirmed my pregnancy. With in first 4...

Could I be pregnant?

In the last month and a half, I had unprotected sex several times. Didn't involve ejaculation because he put a condom...

Worried about being pregnant

So me and my boyfriend were hanging out one day an he wanted to have sex but I didn't. He tried to have sex with me a...

Preggers?

Hi. Im jessie. Im 20 years old. My last period began on june 22nd. (My periods are normally about five weeks apart. I...

Period while pregnant

Is it possible to have ur period while pregnant?

Sex on day 8

I had sex on day 8 of my 28 day cycle and a week later got a white discharge. I usually get a discharge when I ovulat...

First time sex me and my GF

Me and my gf had sex for the frist time for both of us im 15 and we where in a hottube and i eqcaulated and 20 mins l...

Am I pregnant?

I have been getting bad cramping in my stomach on and off for a few weeks now. I just had a 2 week long period, which...

Alcohol and Pregnancy

I just did a home pregnancy test and found out I'm about 19 days pregnant. During that time I had a chest x-ray and p...

Antibiotics vet

Dear Ask The Doctor: My husband and I have been planning for a year now to start trying for a baby this coming Augus...

Trying to get pregnant

I have been tryin to get pregnant for few tears last month my doctor gave me pills to help me ovulate an next month i...

Pregnancy & antibiotics

My husband and I have been planning for a year now to start trying for a baby this coming August. I am a horse train...

What is the chance of pregnancy

Hi My gf is a virgin. I've just placed my pennis above her cunt after some time of my ejaculation. I did not insert ...

Paternity DNA Testing, how is it done?

how can I get a dna test after the baby?

Infertility after a Vasectomy Reversal

I had a successful vasectomy, my follow up tests indicated a sperm count of zero. Is there any risk of pregnancy at ...

How likely is it to be pregnant even if you get...

Ever since April I have started getting bloated, sometimes to the point where I have abdominal pain (usually the week...

Could I be pregnant

Could I be pregnant? I have had 8 positive at home pregnancy test, the lines were faint on some of the test that used...

Went to a phycologist... But am I pregnant , ar...

Dear Ask The Doctor: Hello , I posted this question yesterday but today I went to a phycologist and they think I hav...

Traveling after child birth

How long after a vaginal delivery do I have to wait to travel with my baby to another state by car?

Is spotting a cause of pregnancy? i need help p...

Is spotting a sign of pregnancy or can it be something else? Im not late on my period or at least not yet the last ti...

Took Lisinopril by accident

I took a lisinopril by accident and I am 14 weeks pregnant could this be dangerous?

Post Your Thoughts