Question :

Hair Loss and Vitamin Deficiencies

Does Hair loss attributed to Anemia and Vitamins deficiencies regrow when getting back a balanced diet? and is Centrum a good medicine at balancing my diet?!

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
There are certain vitamins & minerals like biotin, vitamin B, vitamin A & E, zinc and pantothenic acids that help in maintaining a healthy scalp and hair regeneration. Vitamin deficiency can certainly attribute to hair loss but is most likely only if there is a underlying malabsorption disorder, illness or major surgery. Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Centrum is a good medicine supplement to but should not replace a health and balanced diet in the first place.

Questions related to Hair Loss

How can I prevent hair loss?

I am 18 and had very nice hair a few years ago. From the last ,I am having massive hair loss, every time I touch my h...

Thinning hair and increased facial hair

I'm a 30 year old female. For the past three years I've noticed the hair on my head has thinned dramatically. I've ...

Stunted hair growth

i know this sounds crazy. but my hair doesnt grow. it hasnt grown in over a year. what can i do to for it to begin gr...

Please help to increase hair thickness & de...

I am 22, working female. I don have thyroid symptoms. My hair lost its thickness due to sever hair fall. I am using m...

Lost hair from wearing a cap

Hey! I wear a cap everyday and sometimes my forehead swells when I wear a cap, and I just got a new short haircut and...

can i use essvit biotin tablets for hair growth...

sir can i use essvit biotin tablets for hair growth along with vitamin e capsules?

Sudden hair loss in right side of head

I am losing hair on the right side of my head.. it started maybe about 5 weeks ago and i noticed my hair has be getti...

Preventing hair loss and receding hairline

"Hello, i am a 20 year old and my balding process is taking course. My hairline is reciding at a fast pace. I'm ...

hair loss after city change

For higher studies I have shifted in a different city. Here there is a huge amount of chlorine in the water. I am not...

i dont have thyroid problem but i am loosing my...

i dont have thyroid problem but i am loosing my hair heavily.what is the reason help me out pls

Can dandruff cause hair loss?

I am a 20 year old female college student and first noticed hair loss on the left side of my head, around the temple ...

Itchy Skin and Hair Fall Due To Hypothyroidism?

Both arms feel like they are being poked with needles or just itchy. I have no rashes or sores. I have not changed a...

Alopecia Areata - What are treatment options?

My sister 16 years old before 6 years her hair started falling out.she has skin scrapings and hair from lesion on ...

Male Pattern Hairloss and Treatment Options

Hello i am 33 years old male having androgenic alopecia.lats 2 years i am suffering this problem.i have tried minoxd...

Bald Patch on Scalp Due To Alopecia Areata

Hi Dr. I have missing hair on the back of my head near the neck. It is patchy. I went to the family doctor and he sa...

Treatment Of persistent Dandruff Infection

Hi I have dandruff like white scaly particles on my scalp. I used different anti-dandruff shampoes but none of them...

My hairs graying before time

I started having grey hairs by age of 24. Since then the number of grey hairs is increasing and so i have been using...

Finesteride and its benefit in treating male pa...

Is finasteride a steroid and better choice for hair growth?

Round patches of hair loss

Im 22 and was doing my hair and found a bald spot very scary. I do stress out alot but don't have any condicions i k...

Hair loss after surgery for bowel cancer

Hi, i had major surgery three months ago and now my hair seems to be falling out. I am not having chemo although i h...

Female teen losing hair

Hello! I am a 15 year old Asian female and for more than a month now, I've noticed that my hair has been thinning ...

Using hair dye with Alopecia Areata

Hi I have Alopecia Areata and my question is, if you can use things like hair dye when you have alopecia areata, or ...

What is the Solution for Hair Loss?

Hi I am 24 years old male my front hair is getting loss every day what is the solution to stop .

Do creatine supplements promote or aggravate ha...

Do creatine supplements promote or aggravate hair loss?

Why am I starting to have receding hairline whe...

Hi doc, im Terence, 20 yrs old both side of my dad and mum' parents have full head of hair. and my dad has a full he...

What could be causing my hair to fall off?

I am a 15 year old teenager living in America. Recently, I've been losing hair (or it's thinning) and I don't know w...

Androgenic Alopecia aka Pattern Baldness: Treat...

Dear Doctor I am a 25 year old, male who has been suffering from continous hair loss for the last 4 years. My hair...

Treatment of Alopecia Areata.

I have had alopecia for 2 months, i have a patch the size of a 50p coin at the top of my head and my scalp hurts a l...

Male pattern baldness and possible methods of t...

I am a teenager and have recently noticed that my hairline is beginning to recede slightly and I'm developing a smal...

Female hair loss (front part) - What could be c...

Hello, I am 28 years old and in the past year, I have noticed that the front part of my hair is starting to fall of...

Post Your Thoughts

Patient Comments

Guest Says: Hello

I'm Pranee from Sydney

I recently moved to Sydney 4 months before

I'm having excess hair fall these days...

I never had or have any health issues so far.

Could you please suggest a medicine for controlling hair fall