Hair Loss and Vitamin Deficiencies

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Does Hair loss attributed to Anemia and Vitamins deficiencies regrow when getting back a balanced diet? and is Centrum a good medicine at balancing my diet?!

Dear Patient:  There are certain vitamins & minerals like biotin, vitamin B, vitamin A & E, zinc and pantothenic acids that help in maintaining a healthy scalp and hair regeneration. Vitamin deficiency can certainly attribute to hair loss but is most likely only if there is a underlying malabsorption disorder, illness or major surgery. Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. Finally, hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus or diabetes. Centrum is a good medicine supplement to but should not replace a health and balanced diet in the first place.

Please login or signup to post comments!

Comments

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for