Question :

Can STDs show up a day or two after transmitted?

Symptoms:  Red pimples on thigh, where the leg joins the body. Nothing on my genitals as of now.

I had unprotected sex with a girl that claimed not to have had sex with anyone else, but me (some 4 months ago) and the other way around.
We had unprotected sex and the next day I noticed red blisters on my thigh, where the leg joins the body.
In addition, I did do some minor shaving of the pubic area a day before.
Today is the second day I have them. In the morning they contained that white fluid you usually get in pimples (English is not my native, I do not know the word) and some of them had popped and are just red like simple blisters.
Can an STD show up so quickly and should I be worried? Can it be a skin condition?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You mentioned that you had unprotected sex followed by development of skin rash. You even mentioned that you shaved the area prior to sex. You are definitely at risk of STDs, but the condition mostly appears not to be a STD. Your description of lesions mostly suggest that you are having folliculitis or boils owing to post shave. STDs rarely present with 3-4 days. So it is mostly boils out of shaving. Consult a physician to establish exact diagnosis as you require antibiotics for further management and to rule out STDs.

Questions related to STD's

Sexual transmitted disease

I had oral sex with a dam I did not know. Don't asked why I did it. I swallowed some of her secreation during the act...

Sore throat ambiguity

I went to an urgent care for a sore throat, they did a strep test and it was negative, then a urine test unrelated an...

Clear blisters and swelling on tonsils?

Hi, i had oral sex with a guy and a day after my throat started hurting pretty bad and i developed a clear blister on...

I had protected oral sex with an escort I am co...

I have HPV (genital)and had protected oral sex with an escort should I be concerned please help; the warts have been ...

Genital Bump on Shaft of Penis

I'm concerned that I could potentially have genital herpes. I had unprotected sex on a Friday and found a small bump ...

Chlamydia.

I posted a question about being attempted to be fisted, bleeding, swelling, itching, burning, etc., and just recently...

Do I have chancroid?

I am dating a man exclusively, and have given him oral sex several times, and each time afterward, I develop painful ...

Trichomoniasis Risk/Responsibility

Hello, I am a 29 year old male. In the last month I've had encounters with three partners in one month, each time...

Antibotic amoxcillin

I was taking the antibiotic named amoxicillin .. I broke out into a rash and now I'm itching and biting and I have bu...

Please help is redness/ irritation on the pee h...

Hi, I recently gave unprotected oral sex to this guy. Everything was fine until the next day. He called me and said h...

I need hsv advice

I aquired hsv 1 on my genitals from my husband 7 years ago. We are now seperated and I am looking for a new partne...

Do I have an STD?

I had oral sex a both four weeks aago.ever since in my mouth I have had tonsil stones, geographic tongue, now I have ...

Pink/purple bump std?

I have a purplish/pinkish bump near my butthole and I'm so afraid it's an STD. It hurts a bit and it's under my skin....

Bumps on my Labia. Picture included

Hello! So a few weeks ago after shaving my genital area, I found I was itchy. Assuming it was shaving bumps, I went t...

STIs and other infections

Hi. I live in Thailand. I recently contracted and treated clamidiya and gonorhea. Before i got the treatment my elbow...

Lots of red and white things coming off

Hello, i dont knos how to explain this really but i will try my best. Ive had lot of sexually partners and never real...

Bumps on roof of mouth?

I just noticed these bumps on the roof of mouth last night they don't hurt but one side of my throat hurts a little w...

Do I have an std?

Do I have an std?

Chances of getting a std from oral?

Hi I am a seventeen year old male a few days ago I gave another male oral sex he didn't cum in my mouth but I'm still...

Chances of getting a std from oral?

Blood Coming from penis but not in urine

3 days ago I had unprotected sex with a female and everything was fine until last night...after intercourse I notice ...

Blood coming from penis but not in urine

Strange fluids coming out of penis

i am feeling pain in my pennis and having strange fluids coming out of my pennis what can this be?the first two days ...

Black bump on labia minora

I have a black bump that has came up on my labia minora (right next to my urethra) within the past week and I'm conce...

I have had a headache on two different occasion...

I have recently been feeling unwell. I have a UTI, I have not had a fever, however, I have been coughing a lot here l...

Oral sex problems

I made a bad decision on spring break. I met up with a guy I met though a friend and I let many things happen that sh...

I am a 14 year old boy and found bump on penis

Hello. I'm a 14 years old boy and I found some kind of little bump under my penis. It's kind of shiny and it looks a ...

pimple or herpes

IYesterday I accidentally popped a bump on my vagina on the outside lip where hair grows ( I haven't shaved in s few ...

sex using condoms affect the time of treatment ...

If I had Used a condom having sex while being on treatment of gonorrhea will it affect my chances on not being cured?...

Itchy around the genitals and have bumps

My girlfriends has warts around her genitals and is itchy, is it STD? We only have unprotected and without lubricant ...

Hard, painless bumps on and under my glans.

Hello. I am unsure of what's wrong with me. 2 years ago, I had gay sex with a guy. Whatever we did was kiss, and 69 ...

Treatment of STD when you have no access to a D...

About 19 days ago I had unprotected sex which is something I normally never do unless I am in a monogomous relations...

Cause of Ulcer on the Penis

Dear Dr., I had ulcer on my penis almost 6 years ago, after affecting i went to doctor and he told me that time it...

What kind of doctor does a male go to for genit...

What kind of doctor does a male go to for genital warts?

How can I get ride of molluscum contagiosum?

Combination Kit therapy in Syndromic management...

Hi, I had unprotected sex with an acquaintance about 2 weeks ago. After we had sex I felt as if I had a minor yeast...

Penile rash and groin pain

I am a 29 years old male. I recently have unprotected sex some few days ago, since then I have developed rash on the...

Genital Warts a sign of STD?

A couple of years back I had a shot for an std, the shot was very hot and painful. Am now planning to fall pregnant ...

Treatment of Genital Herpes During Breastfeeding

Dear Doctor, For treating Genital Herpes I have taken Acyclovir400 mg B.I.D. I have 4 month old kid, my ...

Vagina lump inflammation - what is the cause?

I have a bump on my vagina and it showed up 2 weeks after having unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend. It wasnt hurt...

Skin disorder - Folliculitis of STD?

Hello, Im not sure if i have an STD or some other skin disorder but i am trying to get an appointment at a planned p...

White penile discharge indicative of STD

I had sex with a woman unprotected. this woman isnt random, she is a friend i know and claims she had an std check r...

Itchy Groin after oral sex

I am a male and I recieved oral sex for the first time about a month and a half ago.(im still a virgin) About two d...

Painful labia minora with bumps.

I have 3 cut looking lesions on my labia minora they are in a oval shape on the side of them there is a white lesion...

I'm not sure if I have herpes

The corner of my mouth was itching, so i scrach it. Now there is a big bump on the corner of my mouth, i have not ha...

Experiencing itchiness on my clitoris and ureth...

I'm experiencing itchiness on my clitoris and urethra area. There are no bumps, wounds, or anything that I can see; ...

What is my risk for Syphilis, if my boyfriend h...

Hey.i m 23 yr old.i noticed a bean like swelling in my labium min0r 3 days back. I ws alright before. Had n0 sexual ...

Boyfriend has Urethritis

My boyfriend was having discharge and the doctor said it was urethritis. We have frequent unprotected sex. How can t...

Constant vaginal discharge

Why do I have constant vaginal discharge?

Drugs and std test

Im going to be going to a walk in clinic amd get tested for std's but im just wondering about if any recreational dr...

Post Your Thoughts