Male Yeast Infection

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Hey, I'm a 17 year old male and a doctor in a free clinic advised me that my penis showed signs of yeast. He told me to buy Clotrimozole cream that is anti-fungal and so I did. However, he said it should come off in about a week. I've been putting the cream on, night and day, for the past 9 weeks and although the situation got better, I still see small light red areas... what should I do? I hear Monistat is very good. Should I buy that? Is it ever going to fully go away? I'm worried. Please help.
Dear Patient:  I understand your concern about your condition. Signs and symptoms of a male yeast infection include a reddish rash, along with itching or burning at the tip of the penis. Fortunately, most male yeast infections are easily treated with an over-the-counter antifungal treatment, such as Monistat. Apply the medication directly to the affected skin twice daily for a week. If the rash doesn't go away or if it recurs frequently you might need to be re evaluated to rule out other conditions.

Please login or signup to post comments!

Official Question Provider for