Question :

Male Yeast Infection

Hey, I'm a 17 year old male and a doctor in a free clinic advised me that my penis showed signs of yeast. He told me to buy Clotrimozole cream that is anti-fungal and so I did. However, he said it should come off in about a week. I've been putting the cream on, night and day, for the past 9 weeks and although the situation got better, I still see small light red areas... what should I do? I hear Monistat is very good. Should I buy that? Is it ever going to fully go away? I'm worried. Please help.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your concern about your condition. Signs and symptoms of a male yeast infection include a reddish rash, along with itching or burning at the tip of the penis. Fortunately, most male yeast infections are easily treated with an over-the-counter antifungal treatment, such as Monistat. Apply the medication directly to the affected skin twice daily for a week. If the rash doesn't go away or if it recurs frequently you might need to be re evaluated to rule out other conditions.

Questions related to Yeast Infections

Yeast infection effect period

Can a yeast infection affect my period and if so, for how long?

What type of infection is that?

I'm 16 yr old. My vulva and clitoris itching and there is white substance inside my opening. And it's burning while u...

Yeast Infection and STD ?

Recently I went to the doctor because I was getting this thick discharge. It didn't smell bad but it did smell a stra...

Vaginal burning and itching. Could it be UTI?

I don't know if it is a uti. But my vaginal region has been itching and it burns really bad if I try to scratch it. I...

Can I use Tampons when on Antibiotics?

I am taking pills for a Bacterial Infection and i am on my period. Is it okay for me to use tampons while taking the...

Canesoral For Vaginal Itching

I have vaginal itching with no discharge. It's been a few days. I took canesoral 2 days ago and no change. What else...

Vaginal smells and whitish discahrge

I'm 15 and for the past year iv been really really really smelly down below and also been getting this white texture...

Transmission of Yeast infection

I recently had intercourse with a female i just met, had protected and unprotected sex, only one night. A week passe...

When will the first period start?

I am confussed about when i am going to have my first period. I have had discharge for a few years yellow one year a...

Itchy Penis and red spots

I am not sure it is a yeast infection however my penis itches and there is an odur. there are also little pimples on...

Yeast infection sitting in a wet bathing suit

Hi dr. Could you please answer my question I want to know if I sit in a wet bathing suit for a long time will I get ...

Recurrent symptoms of yeast infection

I now have a yeast infextion and i always get it constantly how do i know its not something else wring with me becau...

Vaginal Discharge - Treatment Options

Im having a yellow discharge i have already gone to the doctor been treated for Yeast and fungus type i guess std. B...

Penile Yeast infection - Treatment options.

I am a male, age 18 i have yeast infection but how can i cure it, it feels like it has reached my urethra n even my ...

Yeast infection or bacterial infection

I'm 18 years old and am somewhat sexually active. I noticed that I have a vaginal discharge with a foul odor in a re...

Vaginal discharge and burning micturation.

Me and my boyfriend have sex about two to three times a day, for about three months now . and just two weeks ago it ...

Burning sensation when urinating.

Everytime I have sex with my girlfriend afterwards it burns when I pee. She doesn't have any problems. I drink cran...

Honeymoonitis and frequent yeast infections

I get a UTI every time I have sex with my fiance - he's my first and only partner. Problem is, I am very prone to ye...

Confused about balanitis and what causes it

I was wondering what STD's or fungal or bacterial infections can cause balanitis as its only symptom??? ive had bala...

Application of yeast infection creams

How do i apply the cream for yeast infection

How soon can i have sex after my yeast infectio...

How soon can you have sex after a yeast infection? i just finished the gel that you insert for 5 nights this is the ...

Vaginal Fungal Infection: To Have Sex or Not?

Can i have sex if using diflucan

Having symptoms of pregnancy?

I have had a very acidic tummy and vomiting, my back is so painful i am a beauty therapist but the past few week thi...

Pregnancy and Yeast infections

My fiancee and I are trying to get pregnant, but most of the time after we have sex, I get a yeast infection a day o...

Fishy Odour and increased Vaginal discharge

Since a couple days days ago after having sexual intercourse with my boyfriend, I have been experiencing a fishy odo...

Post Your Thoughts