Had sex for the first time.

Dear Ask The Doctor:  Dear Doctor, Hi I'm alexx. I'm 15 and I had sex for the first time today. We actually had sex 3 times tonight. He didn't wear a condom or pull out. And i'm not on birth control. But the thing is my period doesn't come on time. So when should i take a pregnancy test?

Dear Patient:  Periods usually take 2 years to become regular once you start menstruating, and your ovulation become regular after that. Thus it is difficult to determine whther you may or may not be pregnant, and the sooner you can take a pregnancy test and get a more accurate result atleast seven days after your expected date of ovulation. Since your periods and ovulation are irregular, you may estimate your menstrual date by approximately taking an average of of the previous 3 cycles. You still have the option of taking an emergency pill like Plan B, which is effective and  can be taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex.

Periods usually take 2 years to become regular once you start menstruating, and your ovulation become regular after that. Thus it is difficult to determine whther you may or may not be pregnant, and the sooner you can take a pregnancy test and get a more accurate result atleast seven days after your expected date of ovulation. Since your periods and ovulation are irregular, you may estimate your menstrual date by approximately taking an average of of the previous 3 cycles. You still have the option of taking an emergency pill like Plan B, which is effective and  can be taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex.

Please login or signup to post comments!

Comments

SEARCH: