Question :

Miscarriage v/s normal period in patient taking DEPO

ON THE 3RD OF FEB I STARTED DEPO I HAD NO PERIOD THE ENTIRE MONTH I HAD UNPROTECTED SEXON THE 14TH OF FEB AROUND THE 2ND OR 3RD I STARTED SPOTTING LIGHTLY AND AS THE DAYS PROGRESSED THE BLOOD HAS GOTTEN A LITTLE HEAVIER WITH MODERATE CRAMPS...IS THIS MY PERIOD COULD I BE PREGNANT OR AM I HAVING A MISCARRIAGE

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
This most likely would be your period, since you were already on the DEPO by the 3rd of feb. However it is always essential to rule out a pregnancy and thus I would advice you to take a home pregnancy test. I am unable to judge whether the bleeding still continues or how long it lasted for and thus the advice. Moreover if this is a miscarriage you will need further investigations and tests as well as monitroing of the beta hcg levels in the blood.

Questions related to Contraceptives

is this normal?

I have never been on birth control before and im on the beginning of the second week taking othro novum 777, is it no...

Switching pills

Switching from the combined pill to the progesterone only pill. While on the combined pill I generally don't start my...

Feeling ill on the pill, should I stop mid cycle?

I am currently on the pill but have been feeling very nauseated and dizzy. I am one day into a new pack. Should I sto...

Birth control

So I just started birth control this month and im on day six, I had unprotected sex and my guy cummed inside of me. S...

Does Keflex have an interaction with oral contr...

I had unprotective sex this morning and now I need to begin an antibiotic regiment using Keflex tomorrow for a cellul...

I took plan B

i took plan b and 3 days afterwards i had vaginal bleeding and i thought it was normal due to the common side effects...

Chances of pregnancy

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on 17th-18th of June. I haven't ejaculated during (nor before) the intercours...

Contraceptive pill and antibiotics

Hi. I am taking levest 21 day contraceptive pill. I had unprotected sex on Saturday, which was fine as I always take ...

New to birth control and scared

Hi! I'm 17 (and a virgin) and my doctor just prescribed me Lo loestrin fe 1-10 for my awful periods (that's like the ...

Is the pill still effective if i had unprotecte...

Hi If I had unprotected sex over the weekend (both days), would the morning after pill still be effective? Regards

I bleed after sex, on Birth control?

I bleed after sex? I don't know what's going on but I've had sex with 2 guys (months apart by the way) and after I...

Use of pills

I started the pill halfway through my cycle and do I stop for the seven day gap when my periods due or when I finish ...

Microlite

Hi, today I got my period and am due to start the contraceptive pill for the first time. My doctor prescribed me mic...

Depo shot and endometriosis

Is my Depo shot causing me to have vaginal dryness and cramps and bleeding after an orgasm? I was placed on depo to c...

Can I go on the pill?

I am 16 years old and I live in the UK. I am classified as obese, but I am trying to lose weight. I was wondering due...

Why can't I try anything else?

Hello, I need some advice on contraception - I've had adverse side effects to 3 types of pills, and the depo injec...

emergency pill and possibility of pregnancy

hello doc.. i have an irregular cycle.. (27-40days). my first day of last period was june 2, 2014.. i had sex on 27th...

How effective are morning after pills?

I had my last period on 9th of June (starting) until 15th of June (ending). I had coitus on 25th of June with a condo...

Can I take my period after 5 weeks of pill?

I have continued to take the contraceptive pill through my seven-day week off it as I had plans for that week and did...

Is period twice in three weeks dangerous?

ive had my period twice in 3 weeks when im not supposed to, because ive taken pills late or forgot them for one day, ...

Period/ birth control and antibiotic

I take a 3 month birth control. I was on an antibiotic for about 2 weeks. During this time I forgot to take the pill,...

Delaying My Period with Mercilon

Hello. My boyfriend is coming over on august 18 and we plan to have sex but right now i've been having my period arou...

Period delayed, take pill at same time?

Been on pill for 3 years. Start pack on Sunday - take 3 weeks, period always comes during the fourth week Tuesday (t...

Diane 35

I take diane 35 for contraception but this month i do not want to have my period so after the first pack of diane 35 ...

Yasmin for 3 months continuously

Dear Doctor, I am 24 years old, I am taking yasmin for 4 years now. Everything is ok, I like it and I take it reg...

Post Your Thoughts