Question :

Drug of Choice for Treating Chlamydia Infection

Is Amoxicillin 500mg good to use for chlamydia

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Chlamydia is treated with antibiotics. However, Amoxycillin may not be as effective in the treatment chlamydia when compared to other drugs. Usually the drug of choice is azithromycin and doxycycline. You may be asked to take your medication in a one-time dose, or you may need to take the medication daily or multiple times a day for 5 to 10 days.

Questions related to Chlamydia

URGENT CHLAMYDIA RISK QUESTION

I had protected sex four months ago with a new partner who just informed me that he tested positive for chlamydia and...

STI back twice with no exposure??

Back in April, I had some unprotected sex with a female. 2-3 weeks later, I developed an intense burning sensation wi...

Antibiotics and chlamydia

I may have Chlamydia but I'm already taking an antibiotic that is commonly prescribed for it. I am already taking...

what can it be?

i had caught chlamydia . i took a 2 pill in 1 dose pills to cure it . some people told me it takes a week to clear . ...

How long does it take to get an STD result?

how long does it take to get std results?

Can you take Azithromycin crushed in a juice dr...

Can I take 2 x 500mg of azithromycin at the same time for one day only, crushed up into a juicy drink? I struggle to ...

Confused on Chlamydia

I was diagnosed with chlamydia but my boyfriend and I don't cheat. The nurses told me and him in separate rooms that ...

Chlamydia..didn't wait!

Me and my boyfriend got treated for chlamydia and took azithromycin, but instead of waiting the full 7 days to have s...

Transmitting Chylamydia

Can you get chlamydia by going to the strip club , touching on the female genital areas then going to the restroom to...

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease caused by Chlamydia

I was recently treated for chlamydia with a four pill, single dosage, of azithromycin. I am tested negative for all ...

Have I Still got Chlamydia?

I tested positive for chlamydia 2wk ago and was given a single dose (2 tablets) of azithromycin. I am still getting ...

Treatment for Chronic Syphillis

Can syphillis be treated and curred after being in the body for 20 years

Unusual amounts of White Discharge

A few months ago it was diagnosed that i had a urine infection, bacterial vaginosis and chlamydia. I took the medica...

Why do I have it and my only partner doesn't

Why do I keep getting chlamydia from the same person, but he never tests positive for it?

Chlamydia testing needed?

A past sexual partner has been diagnosed with chlamydia due to some vaginal bleeding. I havent been with her sexuall...

Azithromycin causing irregular periods?

I found out I had chlamydia about a month ago and I was prescribed azithromycin.. after I took the pills I started m...

How should Zithromax be taken?

I recently took the zithromax med to treat chlamydia but I ate about 30 minutes after, will this affect how it works?

Can Chlamydia be spread through oral? sex

I recently tested positive for chlamydia that I receved from a past partner. I have a new partner and we've only ha...

Effectiveness of antibiotics if taken with alcohol

If my girlfriend took azithromycin and had four alcohol drinks eight or nine hours later would the medication still ...

How long will it take for antibiotics to work?

How long do azithromycin 1 gram and rocephin 250mg take to work

Test negative for chlamydia due to antibiotics

I took a Chlamydia test recently with my doctor which came back clear. However before I give my urine sample for the...

Its treatment for Chlamydia effective?

I am a female and I was diagnosed with chlamydia about 2 weeks ago. It turns out that I've had it for a little over ...

Azithromycin as a precaution for STDs?

I had unprotected sex and Do not wish to be testeD for STDs so I ordered azithromycin online just in case. Can I tak...

Gonorrhea and chlamydia - Treatment options?

I have a burning sensation. i have taken a dose of zithromax and also took a dose of ciprofloxacin 500 mg for gonorr...

Side of Effects of the pill..

I am 31 years old and just started taking the pill..My periods usually last 3 to 5 days..I started to pill..Now i ha...

Post Your Thoughts