Question :

HSV-2 infection and not know for years?? HELP!

I just found out I have Herpes Type 2. I have been in a relationship for 4 years, we have a 2 year old together. He claims he has not cheated nor have I. Is it possible that I have had this for year and not known it? Also, why did they not test me for Herpes durring the precnancy?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Most people infected with HSV-2 are not aware of their infection because they never have sores, or they have very mild signs that they do not even notice or that they mistake for insect bites or another skin condition. You are not routinely tested for herpes during pregnancy unless you develop lesions. Once infected the virus stays lifelong and produce outbreaks at times. It is the active lesions that can transmit infection to your baby on contact during normal vaginal delivery, and so in such cases C-section is advised to prevent transmission to the baby.

Questions related to Genital Herpes

she had no signs till she told me

My girlfriend that if been with for almost 2 years just told me she has herpes from a past relationship I am showing ...

Got HSV2 but dont really know anything about it...

Hi Doc So my question is this. I was told a year ago that I had HSV-2 by my Dr. He said it was not a big deal and th...

Red spots on head of penis

I have three red spots on the head of my penis.Two on the rim and one on the head.The one on the head had a scab but ...

Herps

To spread herpes from sex, does the person have to be flaring, or could it be anytime

Pimples on penis and pubic area.

About 2 months after my last unprotected sex I got these small pimples on my penis which would last around 10-15 days...

Dormant herpes

Is it possible to carry the herpes virus for 30 years with absolutely no symptoms and still pass it on to someone else?

Girlfriend developing cold sores every time we ...

I have been seeing a woman for 3 months and when we have sex she will develop cold sores on her lips a few days later...

Did I contract Herpes whilst overseas?

Hello, I was in HK a week ago, and being stupid, I visited a walk-up for a massage and handjob. While I was there...

Would HSV cause the symptoms i am experiencing

I have genital herpes. Outbreaks are mild and controllable I recently had a urinalysis done for insurance purposes a...

Time frame of contracting herpes

If a female contracted herpes from her exclusive partner of over 15 years where the male has had no symptoms of herpe...

Blood comes through sperm

there are some pimple like things in my penis skin which are always present what are this? and some times blood comes...

Is it possible/likely that I have herpes now?

My girlfriend has type one herpes (the oral kind). And she performed oral sex on me 2 or 3 times. I am now worried ab...

Is this herpes?

I am very concerned with this lump that I discovered on my outer labia. It doesn't itch or burn or anything; there's...

HSV and risk of transmitting the virus

I was recently told by my doctor that I have the antibodies for hsv2 in my blood. I asked what that meant and he sai...

Does itching and swelling of my anus mean I hav...

I had unprotected sex a little over a month ago with someone that most likely has herpes. I have had no symptoms un...

False Positive HSV Test

How reliable is the HSV test? Me and my partner did the test. I was diagnosed positive with genital herpes and he wa...

Genital Herpes or Staph Infection?

I have hard bubble like blisters on my bikini line. I've had them once before and the doctor said it was a staph inf...

Boyfriend has herpes, how high are the chances ...

My boyfriend just told me he has herpes, we havent slept together yet but if we do, how high are the chances of me g...

Have I contracted genital herpes?

I am concerned I have contracted genital herpes. My boyfriend performed oral sex on me last night and woke this morn...

Elmiron and Acyclovir together

Can I take Acyclovir and Elmiron concurrently? I take 600 mg Elmiron for innerstitial cystitis and have also been ad...

Very worried about the spread of herpes to my baby

Hi! My husband and I were intimate last night. He had a outbreak and even though we used protection we are worried t...

Oral spread of genital herpes?

Hi im seeing this guy and while we were n highscHool his ex girlfriend said he have her herpes. he completely denies...

Photoepilation with Herpes Infection

Hello, I had my firat herpes outbreak 4 years ago and started having photodepilation February this year without tak...

STD test positive for herpes, What is the treat...

MY STD TEST CAME BACK SHOWING A LOW COUNT FOR HERPES,THE DR DIDNT TELL ME WHAT TYPE NOR GAVE ME ANY MEDICINE FOR IT....

Post Your Thoughts