Question :

Genital Warts and Surgery

Well me and my girlfriend have sex constantly her ex gave her genital warts and she had surgry to get them removed am i able to catch this even tho she had the surgry

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Genital Warts and caused by a the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Surgery may be recommended if the warts do not respond to medical treatment, are widespread or the patient is pregnant.
In 50% of HPV cases treated with surgery, the warts return.
Furthermore, the HPV virus is transmittable even when the warts are not visibly present.
To answer your questions - YES - you are at risk of acquiring genital warts and should practice safe sex in all your relationships to reduce your likelihood of acquiring them.

Questions related to Genital Warts and HPV

HPV Vaccination for Men

My 18 y/o son is gay. He had only one HPV vaccine in Dec 2013. Considering how much time has past, will the 2nd vacci...

Genital Warts removal

I have had genital warts for almost seven years. I have tried numerous treatments. They have become large and uncomfo...

Was Diagnosed but no visible signs

I was diagnosed with HPV, but I honestly never seen a wart in my vaginal area. I have noticed I have a sore on my the...

Pimple like things on penis shaft..?

Hi I'm extremely worried about what has happened lately with my penis head. My girlfriend gave me a handjob the other...

Bumps due to an HPV invection

I have some concerns I'm afraid if I have any gential warts because I have wired bumps coming in and I am sexual acti...

Penis Head turning black

I'm 21 years old and over the past few years(4-5 years) I have noticed my penis is turning black. I also have one mol...

Genital acne around inner thigh

I'm 16 years old I'm female I keep getting bumps around my gential area and my inner thigh, what could this be??

HPV symptoms after 7 years in a monogamous rela...

I have been in a faithful marriage for almost 5 years, and a faithful relationship for almost 7 years. But, before th...

I had mumps 14 years ago, and I now have pain i...

i got , mumps in 2005 after that my right testis got too small and now i hav been suffering from pain in right testis...

How do you treat herpes simplex 1

How do you treat herpes simplex 1

White bumps looks like tiny warts

I have these white bumps looks like tiny warts between my vagina and anus. They do not hurt at all. Online it says to...

sex after having treatment

I had cryotherapy done and I'm wondering what would happen if I had sex protected with my partner could I cause them ...

What are the Chances of Recurrence of Genital W...

Hi, I was diagnosed with gential warts a few months ago. I was given Warticon 0.15% cream and it cleared up the wart...

Anal warts and Risk of Transmission

I am a man and I had small warts around my anus for 1 year. I never had any warts on my penis or in the surrounding ...

Treatment of Genital Warts

I have general warts and wanting to treat at home. I have glacial acetic acid and 35% hydrogen peroxide which will w...

Veregen for removing intra vaginal genital warts

I was visually diagnosed with genital warts today. They are only inside my vagina, none on the outside. I am curren...

What the the ways that HPV can be transmitted?

If a female infected with hpv genital warts gives an uninfected male a blowjob, would this Male become infected with...

Itching near genitals - jock itch treatment.

I have dark spots around my penis region and the areas itches. during summer the skin gets soft and some peels off.

Genital warts and treatment with apple cider vi...

Can you cure genital warts with apple cider vinegar..

HPV and sex with partner

I have recently had an abnormal pap smear and it could be hpv. I go for more testing in 2 weeks. I am married, shoul...

Common Warts and Genital Warts.

I am a male, and I'm not yet sexually active, but close. I have 2 common warts on my foot, 1 on my index finger. I...

Questions regarding HPV vaccination.

Should i still get the HPV needles if i already have one type of HPV?

How long HPV to go away?

I was told almost 4 years ago that I had hpv. And I've always heard that it usually goes away on its own within 2 ye...

Can HPV be Transmitted even Without Visible Warts?

I have been intimate with my boyfriend and we forgot many times to use a condon he has HPV that has caused him to h...

Affordable Medications for Genital Warts

Will medications such as Wartrol, Dermisil, Wart DX, PediFix Wart Stick, etc. work for genital warts? I cannot affor...

Post Your Thoughts