Question :

HPV Vaccination insetting of CIN 1

I would greatly appreciate an opinion on my vaccination against HPV. I am 33, sexually active since 5 years, have CIN 1 for a period of 2 years at least (hadn't been checked before) & my HPV-typing test is negative for both high & low grade types of HPV. Shoud I get vaccinated? Thank you in advance!

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Human papillomavirus (HPV) can cause genital warts, cancer of the cervix, and various cancers of the vulva or vagina. HPV vaccine (Gardasil) is used to prevent genital warts and cervical/vaginal cancers caused by certain types of HPV (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) in girls and young women. HPV vaccine is given as an injection (shot) into a muscle in your upper arm or thigh, in a series of 3 shots. You may have the first shot at any time as long as you are between the ages of 9 and 26 years old. Then you will need to receive a second dose 2 months after your first shot, and a third dose 6 months after your first shot.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends HPV vaccine for all girls ages 11 or 12 years old. The vaccine is also recommended in girls and women ages 13 through 26 years old who have not already received the vaccine or have not completed all booster shots.
You may receive this vaccine even if you have already had genital warts, or had a positive HPV test or abnormal Pap smear in the past. However, this vaccine will not treat active genital warts or HPV-related cancers, and it will not cure HPV infection.
In your particular case, you are 33 years old, and the age to receive the first shot is between 9 and 26 years old and also your HPV typing test is negative.

Questions related to Genital Warts and HPV

HPV Vaccination for Men

My 18 y/o son is gay. He had only one HPV vaccine in Dec 2013. Considering how much time has past, will the 2nd vacci...

Genital Warts removal

I have had genital warts for almost seven years. I have tried numerous treatments. They have become large and uncomfo...

Was Diagnosed but no visible signs

I was diagnosed with HPV, but I honestly never seen a wart in my vaginal area. I have noticed I have a sore on my the...

Pimple like things on penis shaft..?

Hi I'm extremely worried about what has happened lately with my penis head. My girlfriend gave me a handjob the other...

Bumps due to an HPV invection

I have some concerns I'm afraid if I have any gential warts because I have wired bumps coming in and I am sexual acti...

Penis Head turning black

I'm 21 years old and over the past few years(4-5 years) I have noticed my penis is turning black. I also have one mol...

Genital acne around inner thigh

I'm 16 years old I'm female I keep getting bumps around my gential area and my inner thigh, what could this be??

HPV symptoms after 7 years in a monogamous rela...

I have been in a faithful marriage for almost 5 years, and a faithful relationship for almost 7 years. But, before th...

I had mumps 14 years ago, and I now have pain i...

i got , mumps in 2005 after that my right testis got too small and now i hav been suffering from pain in right testis...

How do you treat herpes simplex 1

How do you treat herpes simplex 1

White bumps looks like tiny warts

I have these white bumps looks like tiny warts between my vagina and anus. They do not hurt at all. Online it says to...

sex after having treatment

I had cryotherapy done and I'm wondering what would happen if I had sex protected with my partner could I cause them ...

What are the Chances of Recurrence of Genital W...

Hi, I was diagnosed with gential warts a few months ago. I was given Warticon 0.15% cream and it cleared up the wart...

Anal warts and Risk of Transmission

I am a man and I had small warts around my anus for 1 year. I never had any warts on my penis or in the surrounding ...

Treatment of Genital Warts

I have general warts and wanting to treat at home. I have glacial acetic acid and 35% hydrogen peroxide which will w...

Veregen for removing intra vaginal genital warts

I was visually diagnosed with genital warts today. They are only inside my vagina, none on the outside. I am curren...

What the the ways that HPV can be transmitted?

If a female infected with hpv genital warts gives an uninfected male a blowjob, would this Male become infected with...

Itching near genitals - jock itch treatment.

I have dark spots around my penis region and the areas itches. during summer the skin gets soft and some peels off.

Genital warts and treatment with apple cider vi...

Can you cure genital warts with apple cider vinegar..

HPV and sex with partner

I have recently had an abnormal pap smear and it could be hpv. I go for more testing in 2 weeks. I am married, shoul...

Common Warts and Genital Warts.

I am a male, and I'm not yet sexually active, but close. I have 2 common warts on my foot, 1 on my index finger. I...

Questions regarding HPV vaccination.

Should i still get the HPV needles if i already have one type of HPV?

How long HPV to go away?

I was told almost 4 years ago that I had hpv. And I've always heard that it usually goes away on its own within 2 ye...

Can HPV be Transmitted even Without Visible Warts?

I have been intimate with my boyfriend and we forgot many times to use a condon he has HPV that has caused him to h...

Affordable Medications for Genital Warts

Will medications such as Wartrol, Dermisil, Wart DX, PediFix Wart Stick, etc. work for genital warts? I cannot affor...

Can we get hpv from swimming with a contaminate...

I did not start my sexual life yet and I got an hpv infection (a wart appeared on the external vaginal opening right...

Removing Warts Within My Vagina.

I believe i have genital warts IN my vagina. I've goodled different treatment on how to remove the warts but nothing...

Can Common warts spread to genitals

Can you get genital warts from masturbating with a wart on your hand?

HPV positive: What Does it Mean?

I tested hpv positive does that mean I can get warts?

Genital Warts and HPV vaccine

My BF has warts on his shaft is this bad?

Hpv and you immune system. Can it really fight ...

Hello i am 19 and have been diagnosed wit genital warts i am very nervous ive been looking up information on the int...

Modes of Transmission of the HPV Virus

I was told I had HPV warts, got cervical cells that led to hysterectomy. Am I still contagious? Where and how did I ...

Transmission of HPV and HSV

I have visible genital warts and I do not want to infect my partner. Is there any rule of thumb for when I can have ...

Can my boyfriend still pass me genital warts wh...

Hello my boyfriend has got genital warts and i have been with him for 6 month now, even though iv had the hpv vaccin...

Did my baby get Infected with HPV?

Me and my boyfriend have been having sex for 2 years and he was recently tested and was told that he has hp vgenital...

HPV and methods of transmission

I had a baby 6 months ago, I have not have sex with my housband for over a year, is it possible for him to transmitt...

HPV and Cevical Cancer

So I had sex with a girl who did not disclose that she had HPV with me until after the fact. She said she was diagno...

Management options for genital warts

HI I HAVE CHEATED ON MY 11YEAR PARTNER FOR THE 1ST TIME A 4 DAYS AGO AND I REGRET IT ALOT. NOW I HAVE FOUND OUT THE ...

How to Treat Genital Warts?

I had a small genital wart and I used the salycilic acid and also apple cider vinegar treatment and it only made it ...

Genital Warts and Human Papilloma Virus Infection

I went to my doctor today and had a pap smear done. I showed him a bump that I noticed a couple of weeks ago. He sai...

Genital warts and probable cervical cancer.

Can genital warts lead to cancer? I have been looking online and keep finding mixed answer, I had genital warts abo...

How long does it take to dectect HPV?

I was recently told I have HPV. I have been married for 13 years and only had sex with my husband. How long does it...

Hpv infection, partner claims she does not have it

I've been diagnosed with hpv genital warts after an exclusive (to me) 5 year relationship. I first had symptoms in 2...

ITP and genital warts

Dear Doctor I was diagnosed with ITP and was on prednisolone for 3 months along with Dapsone. My prednisolone has ...

Positive HPV and negative Pap smear

What does it mean when your pap test comes back negitave but you tested positive for hpv? i had blood work done does...

Genital Warts

Hi, my doctor told me that i have genital worts following my last pap test. I have been with the same partner for 6 ...

CERVICAL INTRAEPITHELIAL NEOPLASIA

My recent pap smear came back with abnormal cells on my cervix so they tested for hpv which came back positive for t...

HPV trasnmission

I was just diagnosed with HPV type seventy. The obgyn just did a biopsy and informed me it is a mild case in my cer...

HPV and Oral Sex

My long term boyfriend and I have the same strand of HPV. He no longer notices any warts and I rarely have them now....

HPV treatment without health insurance

Hey, so I'm 23 years old and I was diagnosed with genital warts about 2 months ago, but I've had them for about 5 mo...

Post Your Thoughts