Question :

HIV transmission via contact with blood

I went to the supermarket this morning and when I took the change that the cashier handed me, I got into contact with his undried blood on my hand. The blood got onto my nail and cuticle. Although I had no visual cuts, what are the chances of me getting HIV if he were HIV-positive? I am so worried...

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The chances are there if the person is HIV positive and you have an opening on your skin as well. I always suggest being extra cautious and going and getting tested, even though the chances sound very slim from what you have described.

Questions related to HIV and AIDS

HIV Transmission worry

Hi - I have a question on HIV Transmission. I was in a shop in Chennai, India. When I was trying to open the door, th...

HIV from Handjob? So Many Symptoms?

Hi guys, I really need help and I messed up big time. Four weeks ago I went to massage parlor and had a rough...

Sex with 2 different prostitutes

Hi am 23 year old, I had sex with two different prostitutes past 6days. In my past I had tuberculosis also in which I...

Questions regarding hiv symptoms

Hiv questions about symptoms, been feeling sick need to know if my symptoms match those

HIV spread through kissing (5 second kiss)

Went to strip club and french kissed a stripper for just 5 seconds. i am not sure about the cuts and wounds in her an...

Can i be infected with HIV this way?

I had the worst fear of my life today. I went to a clinic to get tested for flu. And then, as i was talking to him, i...

Should I take time and test for HIV in this typ...

In 2007, a friend and I were together at his house roughing around like young boys do. In the midst, my friend had cu...

hiv testing

Had hiv blood test 27 days after unprotected sex. I went on to habe 5 encounters with this person with unknown status...

Window period of HIV antibody test

I had a possible exposure to HIV. I discussed the events with my PCP. My doctor ordered a STD panel (for my own peace...

Am I being paranoid?

Hi doc , I was sexually assaulted a few weeks back .. I went to the hospital right after it happened and got a kit...

high risk hiv exposure

My boyfriend shared a needle during drug use(first and only time trying) with someone who was hiv positive. he tested...

Heat inactivated HIV into bloodstream

Ok so my question is this. When there is heat inactivated HIV and it gets in your bloodstream like injected accidenta...

Black sum what bump in pines

Hi my name is aldo im 17 and i have a black sum what bump in my pines ilve been using a fleshligth lately dont know i...

Can HIV be spread and AIDS develops in this way?

7 years ago I was hospitalized. I was NAKED and masturbated on a chair with broken surface. Then I felt itchy around ...

HIV test 2 years ago negative but still worried

I had an possible expusure to HIV 2 years ago. I made a test in a laboratory recently and was negative. But im stil...

OCD and Aids/Herpes

I am severely OCD and would like to know from a medical standpoint if it is possible to get HIV and/or Herpes from to...

Rash from HIV?

I keep getting these rashes over the last 2-3 weeks. They feel warm to touch and sometimes itchy. Are these HIV rash...

HIV and Aids

What are the signs and symptoms of HIV and Aids after five to six months

Can i get AIDS or HIV with oral sex?

HI doctor im here to ask you if i can get aids by giving oral unprotected sex to a man, without semen and precum exch...

Recurring fever and HIV chance

Dear Sir, I had a protected sex with a sex worker. I used a tissue paper to clean my penis which was wiped by the...

Does having unprotected sex increase chance of ...

I had a sexual relationship without the use a condom by my boy friend since September 2013. and in march 2014 i made...

Information on HIV contraction

In 2012 I was out with my friends on my way home from a cinema, we stumbled across some keys on the floor, we inquisi...

Is HIV transmission possible through tears?

About 3 days ago I was hanging out with a friend and her cousin who I have been told is HIV positive. While hanging o...

HIV positive in screening test

Good day doc! last january i was exposed in hiv, i developed toncillitis after 3 weeks. i under gone 3 screening tes...

False positive p24 test for HIV

Hello doctor, i read the above blogs but i did not see anybdoy having being tested false positve as is in my case, m...

Post Your Thoughts