Sex after c section

Dear Ask The Doctor:  My wife had c section on 1st march 2010 and she never had before. now my question is when can we have sex and when can we plan for our next child.

Dear Patient:  After giving a Cesarean-section, it would be recommended to wait to ensure that the incision is healing properly and that the bleeding coming from the uterus is decreasing in volume.
The time recommended for re-start your sex life again is about six weeks. However, If you are planning to have another baby you should wait for the uterus to recover completely from the last surgery,   Studies have also shown that women who conceive less than six months after giving birth may have a higher risk for complications such as a ruptured uterus or a premature or low-birth weight baby. The ideal time to become pregnant again would be after a year.  I hope I could clear your doubt.

Please login or signup to post comments!

@ASKTHEDOCTOR ON TWITTER
@ASKTHEDOCTOR
Official Question Provider for