Question :

Causes of bleeding after sexual intercourse

I recently (2months ago) got the implant. but since then i have had irrigualar spotting i am aware this is normal however it seems to come within a few hours of having intercourse. i don't know if it is a coinsidence or due to sex. i have been with my partner for 2years and we use condoms.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
While it may be a coincidence that the spotting is occuring after sexual intercourse there are other causes like cervical polyps, STI's , cervical dysplasia, Vaginitis, Cervicitis that can also lead to a post coital bleed or spotting. If it has occured more than one -two times I would advice you to see your family physician for an STI screen and a physical examination and possible tests like cervical swab and a pap smear. All the best.

Questions related to Sexual Health

Pain in the Scrotum

I have been feeling some pain in my scrotum this afternoon but not severe. Underneath my right testicle, there feels ...

Received oral sex from sex worker

Hi, I made a huge mistake and recently received oral sex from a prostitute, she said she was drug and disease free an...

In need of help asap

I am 22 years old. I have been dating my girlfriend for 9 months now and we have unprotected sex. She is on the pill ...

Can Pharyngeal Gonnorhea be transmitted by vagi...

Hello, I've been reading online and can't find an answer to a question I have. If a man has contracted Pharyngeal ...

ERECTILE DISFUNCTION

I TURNED 45 IN JUNE SOME TIME AGO I STARDED HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY ERECTION, I HAVE HART PROBLEMS AND HIGH BLOD PRES...

HIV RNA Test Question

The CDC states that the HIV RNA test can be taken to detect HIV as early as 9 to 11 days post possible exposure. My d...

How to get pregnant?

I been looking online trying to find an answer but cant find one. I neee help on knowing how to get pregnant, I have ...

Long, swollen lump under skin of labia minora

I have a long, swollen lump located under the skin of my inner labia minora. Should I be concerned this is an STD and...

Erection problem

male/44 having good physique and active. Last four month i have erection problem and earlier ejeculation. please gi...

Is it okay to take laxatives after anal sex?

Is it okay for me [a male] to take a laxative after having sex with another male?

Is this ovulation?

I'm not suppose to have my period for two more weeks but I am bleeding, it started out just a little pink but now it'...

Increase duration of sex

how can we increase duration of sex period ? From few days suppose when if i try to masturbate or say sex ,my penis ...

Painful intercourse

Hi, I am a 16 year old female. My boyfriend and I have been having sex for about 8 months now and recently I have bee...

should i get a STD test?

Dear doctor, I have had a sexual encounter with an escort girl three days ago, and I am feeling depressed and guilty ...

Abnormal bleeding after menstrual cycle has ended

I had my period July 1st and it ended July 7th. My boyfriend and I had sex after I visited the gyn on July 9th. I exp...

Testicle Health

I'm a 16 year old male and I masturbate a lot!! I noticed a few weeks ago maybe 2 months that my left testicle has a ...

penis foreskin

doctor, after i masturbating my fore skin didn`t get to normal stage within few minutes. it will take 2 or 3 days to...

Botox injection in penis causing numbness.

If botox has been injected into a penis and now the penis is numb, how long will it take for the penis to gain full f...

Morning after pill

Yesterday I took the morning after pill, I usually don't have any symptoms afterwards however, this time is different...

Orgasm inducing nausea, dizziness and a faint f...

Up until recently, I never had any problems during orgasm. I felt fine, just loss of hearing but I was able to get up...

Masturbation after surgery

How long do I wait before I can masturbate after going through ureteroscopy ?

change in testis color

there has been change in colour of my testis.. i have not masturbated for nearly 50 days. is it because of it ? i ha...

Late period

I'm 15 . Started my menstrual cycle when I was 11-12. My cycle has usually been irregular and I have been sexually ac...

SOS

im 14 years old and have been masturbating for 2 and a half years 6-7 times a day and i am very afraid that i am now...

Testicular pain

I am 22 and my weight is around 72 kg, I have a serious concern about my balls specially the right sided. Though the ...

Post Your Thoughts