Question :

Urinary symptoms and yellow discharge: STD?

I am unsure but it think i may have syphilis. It is slightly uncomfortable to pass urine not stinging but feels like its not emptying and i have a slightly yellowy discharge i have looked in too yeast infection but i am unsure what would you suggest?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 The Syphilis is a venereal disease, a STD ( sexual transmitted disease) caused by infection with a spirochete called: Treponema pallidum. It is transmitted by having sexual contact with an infected individual; it can also be acquired via exposure to infected blood. When syphilis is left untreated, ( the treatment is with penicillin) it  progresses through 4 stages: primary (when you see the genital sores), secondary, latent, and tertiary or neurosyphilis. Sometimes Syphilis can be a diagnostic challenge because of its wide-ranging clinical presentations. Given your urinary symptoms, you and your partner, both, should be tested not only for syphilis but for the rest of the STDs including HIV, especially Gonorrhea and Chlamydia which most likely are presented with urinary symptoms as you described.

Questions related to Syphilis

Skin manifestation of Syphilis

Where to start... I have a small lump in my groin area between my leg and my left testicle. I have had this for seve...

Positive FTA and negative RPR, am I still infec...

In 2009 I was diagnosed with having been exposed to syphilis. Although my RPR was negative and my FTA was positive, ...

How effective is tetracycline to cure syphillis

I ve been able to confirm d infection to be sypillis,ii started usng tetracyckline for a week now because i couldnt ...

How long can a person have Syphilis and not be ...

How long can a person have syphilis without knowing that they have it? Can a person have this disease for 20 years a...

Is it Possible to Diagnose Neurosyphilis with N...

Is it possible to have nuerosyphillis and not have any positive syphillis blood tests?????

Persistence of positive results for Syphilis test

Does syphilis ever actually leave the bloodstream? I have been told it never did, that every time I would take a blo...

Testing positive for Syphilis in HIV patient.

My significant other and I have been together for 11 mos. We are both HIV+ and have never had any other STD. We have...

TESTING FOR SYPHILLUS

MY BLOOD WORK CAME BACK SAYING THAT T PALLIDUM IS NON REACTIVE. SHOULD I BE WORRIED.

Can syphilis be transmitted through semen?

Can syphilis be transmitted through semen? If so, can a baby be infected by the father at conception? Will treating...

Post Your Thoughts