Question :

Teenager with prominent ears seeks advice

Hello basically I'm here to talk about my ears, I'm 14 and I live in northern Ireland, my ears are just horrid, they stick out quite abit, I didn't use to notice them until junior high, I've really gotten self conscious about it, and tried online about how to fix them, so far I've glued and taped my ears to my head, but both hurt really bad, I didn't want to do surgery because I don't come from a rich family, I haven't gotten bullied a lot but I've been called elephant and monkey, and i think I have depression, I've gotten really sick looking in the mirror which doesn't help, because I'll keep glueing my ears to m head which will ruin my skin behind my ears, hairstyles don't really work for me because I'm too self conscious going into a hairdresser, my family is aware of me being self conscious of my ears but they think I don't care because I try to be strong, but really I'm hurting inside and not talking about it, which has lead to other problems such as me not wanting to go outside, and I don't want to talk to my dad about it because I'm abit embarrassed, and don't think I deserve it, because it's just ears right? I don't think people understand how difficult it is unless they actually have stick out ears, sometimes I just want to cut my ears off all together. So basically I just wanted some advice on what I should do, reasons for me not wanting surgery is basically the price, thank you for any advice given.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your predicament, but I am sorry to tell you that the only way to correct definitely the orientation and shape of your ears is surgical. You should consult a plastic surgeon with experience in ears correction to help you out with your issue.

Questions related to General

Irregular Heart beat? Difficulty Breathing?

I've been having alot of joint pain lately in my elbows and hands, as well as my neck/shoulders. I've also been havin...

Help us as I think it could be serious as it ha...

My boyfriend suffered from enlarged fingers and toes which occasionally fills with a puss looking substances which is...

Tummy troubles several times a week

I have always had a sensitive stomach with foods that are high in dairy (cheese, icecream) or high in grease (fried f...

Distended Stomach Due to lack of Muscles

I was anorexic for many years and although I recently got to a normal weight, my stomach suddenly became distended. T...

Crazy blood work for 2+ years with crazy sympto...

Ok So I have had really bad symptoms for the last 2-3 years. Tired, no energy, can sleep 12+ hours a day, hair fallin...

What to do in times of this foot injury without...

If a beer bottle or hammer is dropped forcefully or smashed on the arch of your foot, what will happen, when will it ...

Vaginal skin hanging down

My boyfriend and i had a bit of rough sex the other night now it hurt to touch down there and i took a mirror to it a...

I can't stop shivering

Through out the day i get shivers like every 10 minutes even if it's boiling hot and sometimes i get them and they la...

Will I grow taller?

Will I grow taller at age 13? My period started a year ago

Home treatments for abscess

Is there a good home treatment for a recurring abscess?

Possible reaction to TB test

Hi. I had a TB test done yesterday. Now I have a headache, loose bowels, and feel bleh. I was not sick yesterday an...

PMS Musty odor in sweat

Just before my period, I can smell a musty odor in my sweat. What is this? Is it my hormones that I smell?

Diagnosis of 5 MT head

I am a nursing student in an orthopedic unit, and I have a patient admitted with a right foot diabetic ulcer. One of ...

Brought to ER with SOB/CP checked for Heart con...

Should I be worried about a D-dimer level of 656?

Over All health, General Concern

I have not been feeling my self recently. My emotions are all over the place and I have been feel sick, anywhere from...

Birth control

Hello how are you? Me and my husband had unprotected sex the first day i started taking birth control pills , does th...

Jock itch or yeast infection

can having a severe case of jock itch or yeast infection cause your inguinal lymph nodes to swell and if so what wou...

Light pink bleeding

Hi. I am a healthy 26 year old. My lmp was July 12th. I came home to my husband from vacation on the 23rd and have be...

pains

Hi, I have a very short torso and as my ribs being only a few inches above hip bones. If I slouch, they rub together ...

fat belly, slim frame.

im 36, male, 6ft 1in, 12 stone (76 kg). I have recently started gaining a lot of weight, ive always had a thin slim f...

Help! Am I pregnant

Okay so here is the deal, I started my period July 10th and last until around the 16th I think it was around the 13th...

Menstrual Cycle

My Period has been trying to start, but I am only having a tiny amount/no blood flow. Also, when I normally have my p...

My mother has diabetes

my mother age 81 has diabetes, last night she over indulged on cherries and is sick. she is throwing up and has had s...

chemical peel diaster

I went and had a chemical peel done on my face about two months ago. Well the last peel I had burned my skin in certa...

Sex on fourth day of period

Me and mine girlfriend both are virgin. We had sex for first time during her fourth day of period. I used condom fo...

Post Your Thoughts