Question :

Prednisone and Pregnancy Side-effects

I am taking Prednisone 40mg twice a week and pimecrolimus 1% cream from one month for vitiligo. treatment will take time.is it safe to plan a baby or i should wait?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You are right to consider the possible risks of using a drug like prednisone while pregnant. Prednisone can cause many of the same side effects for a baby that it causes for an adult. If it is used for a prolonged period, it could affect the strength of bones, the pattern of fat and muscle shape, and the baby's metabolism. Most of these changes would be temporary. I would advise that you avoid pregnancy while on prednisone.

Questions related to General

Irregular Heart beat? Difficulty Breathing?

I've been having alot of joint pain lately in my elbows and hands, as well as my neck/shoulders. I've also been havin...

Help us as I think it could be serious as it ha...

My boyfriend suffered from enlarged fingers and toes which occasionally fills with a puss looking substances which is...

Tummy troubles several times a week

I have always had a sensitive stomach with foods that are high in dairy (cheese, icecream) or high in grease (fried f...

Distended Stomach Due to lack of Muscles

I was anorexic for many years and although I recently got to a normal weight, my stomach suddenly became distended. T...

Crazy blood work for 2+ years with crazy sympto...

Ok So I have had really bad symptoms for the last 2-3 years. Tired, no energy, can sleep 12+ hours a day, hair fallin...

What to do in times of this foot injury without...

If a beer bottle or hammer is dropped forcefully or smashed on the arch of your foot, what will happen, when will it ...

Vaginal skin hanging down

My boyfriend and i had a bit of rough sex the other night now it hurt to touch down there and i took a mirror to it a...

I can't stop shivering

Through out the day i get shivers like every 10 minutes even if it's boiling hot and sometimes i get them and they la...

Will I grow taller?

Will I grow taller at age 13? My period started a year ago

Home treatments for abscess

Is there a good home treatment for a recurring abscess?

Possible reaction to TB test

Hi. I had a TB test done yesterday. Now I have a headache, loose bowels, and feel bleh. I was not sick yesterday an...

PMS Musty odor in sweat

Just before my period, I can smell a musty odor in my sweat. What is this? Is it my hormones that I smell?

Diagnosis of 5 MT head

I am a nursing student in an orthopedic unit, and I have a patient admitted with a right foot diabetic ulcer. One of ...

Brought to ER with SOB/CP checked for Heart con...

Should I be worried about a D-dimer level of 656?

Over All health, General Concern

I have not been feeling my self recently. My emotions are all over the place and I have been feel sick, anywhere from...

Birth control

Hello how are you? Me and my husband had unprotected sex the first day i started taking birth control pills , does th...

Jock itch or yeast infection

can having a severe case of jock itch or yeast infection cause your inguinal lymph nodes to swell and if so what wou...

Light pink bleeding

Hi. I am a healthy 26 year old. My lmp was July 12th. I came home to my husband from vacation on the 23rd and have be...

pains

Hi, I have a very short torso and as my ribs being only a few inches above hip bones. If I slouch, they rub together ...

fat belly, slim frame.

im 36, male, 6ft 1in, 12 stone (76 kg). I have recently started gaining a lot of weight, ive always had a thin slim f...

Help! Am I pregnant

Okay so here is the deal, I started my period July 10th and last until around the 16th I think it was around the 13th...

Menstrual Cycle

My Period has been trying to start, but I am only having a tiny amount/no blood flow. Also, when I normally have my p...

My mother has diabetes

my mother age 81 has diabetes, last night she over indulged on cherries and is sick. she is throwing up and has had s...

chemical peel diaster

I went and had a chemical peel done on my face about two months ago. Well the last peel I had burned my skin in certa...

Sex on fourth day of period

Me and mine girlfriend both are virgin. We had sex for first time during her fourth day of period. I used condom fo...

Is it okay to play volleyball while I am pregnant?

hello my name is Melissa ,I have about 2 weeks pregnancy first time, and I play volleyball in sand I will like to kno...

Can't explain- please help

I am continuously feeling a sensation in my elbow like my arm is being bent backwards. It's almost like a phantom pai...

Vagina bumps

White bumps inside of vagina whatdo i do

arousal headache

trying to figure out why I have major headache after ejaculating

Postpone my periods

I am going on a holiday with my fiance and I am expecting my period. Can I take a medicine to postpone my periods ti...

Postpone my periods

am i pregnant

I'm a 27 year old female. I have back pain. Stomach cramps. Every thing I eat taste nasty. Every thing i drink. Feels...

Itching knuckle on left hand with no visible ab...

The top knuckle of the middle finger on my left hand as been itching on/off for about the last month. Not other locat...

metabolic acidosis

I am a 32 yr old woman and I have been on 100 mg of Topamax for 18 months for severe migraines. 3 days ago my doctor ...

still feel bad

Hello. 5 days ago I had some sort of stomach bug and vomited for about 12 hours. Days later I still feel very fatigue...

sudden illness

Today I had a sudden onset of profuse sweating, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and weakness. I was so weak I couldn...

Thin Facial Hair

I am 27 years old and have thin facial hair. Though the hair fociles are there properly, bu the hair is very thin and...

Pregnancy query

Developed many small moles in pregnancy last month ?is this something serious ?

Is it possible to pull your own testicle from y...

this may sound really weird but i used to watch porn and masturbate to transgenders and part of it was i wanted to be...

eppie wilson

I gave birth 4 weeks ago today i felt a string i didn't know what it was so i pulled it and it was a piece of my...

Testicular discomfort

I have been experiencing discomfort in my right testicle for 3 days now. The testical appears to be slightly elevated...

Lump on arm after blood donation

I gave blood earlier today and I have a golf ball sized knot where they inserted the needle. It hurts to touch or ben...

Tag on my labia?

After sex, I noticed that on my labia, a few inches below my clitoris, was a small, what looks like a tag. It is appr...

blood in semen

I have blood in my semen. It started yesterday I have no other symptoms at all. I read that it's not very uncommon an...

can PAD be caused by weight bearing on one leg

I see peripheral arterial disease has a number of possible causes...when it occurs in only one leg is it possible to ...

Bleeding after masturbating

I'm 18, female & i've noticed these last couple days a while after i would masturbate i'd start bleeding as if it...

Hypothyrodism and pregnant

I am 17 week pregnant, current on 50mcg levothyroxin to treat my hypothyrodism.Last month my TSH was 2.68 mIU/L that ...

Lametrigine

I'm a 17 year old girl who was just prescribed to take Lametrigine. I take 4 pills a day. I weigh 100lbs and I want...

soreness outside vagina

Since past 1 day my vagina is sore and have itching. The vaginal lips also seem a lil swollen. I have no discharge, n...

White stuff

I have white stuff coming from the head of my dick thats painful what do I do?

Post Your Thoughts