Question :

Side Effects of Drinking Gasoline

Hey My friend drank gasoline a month ago and he was attempting to commit suicide but after fainting he woke up a few hours later. He ddnt go to the doctor. Now he's feeling that he's dying slowly, sometimes he faints and feel a burn in his chest and stomach. He doesnt want to go see a doctor because he still wants to die. What can i do to remove all the gasoline from his system, i need to make him change his mind Thank youuu

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Gasoline is a mixture of about 150 chemicals refined from crude oil. Immediately or shortly after breathing a high amount of gasoline, a person may experience nose or lung irritation, feel dizzy or have a headache. When swallowed, gasoline will cause stomach irritation. Drinking gasoline or inhaling concentrated vapors can result in death. People can experience damage to their nervous system or lungs, several years after exposure to gasoline. The chemicals in gasoline are quickly flushed from the body, so there is nothing you need to do. A doctor can use function tests of your lungs, nervous system and heart to evaluate the effects of gasoline exposure. I would advise that you take your friend to a doctor to evaluate him for gasoline poisoning and underlying depression.

Questions related to General

Cleaning up someone else's blood

The repairman came to my apartment to replace my washing machine. He had a cut on his index finger that was bandaged;...

Heat rush thru body then dizziness

I recently had a wave of heat rush from my feet up to my head, then the room started spinning. I was sitting totally ...

Inguinal lymph nodes

My inguinal lymph nodes are asymmetrical. On both sides, they could be described as shot and quite small, except 2 s...

Irregular Heart beat? Difficulty Breathing?

I've been having alot of joint pain lately in my elbows and hands, as well as my neck/shoulders. I've also been havin...

After effects of colostomy

11 years ago I had a colostomy done. I am in a wheelchair. Right after I had it done I noticed leaking from my anus...

Cracking and Twisting Bones

My bones crack all the time, especially my ankles when I walk or even squat. My knees, elbows, wrists and inner thigh...

Help us as I think it could be serious as it ha...

My boyfriend suffered from enlarged fingers and toes which occasionally fills with a puss looking substances which is...

Tummy troubles several times a week

I have always had a sensitive stomach with foods that are high in dairy (cheese, icecream) or high in grease (fried f...

Distended Stomach Due to lack of Muscles

I was anorexic for many years and although I recently got to a normal weight, my stomach suddenly became distended. T...

Crazy blood work for 2+ years with crazy sympto...

Ok So I have had really bad symptoms for the last 2-3 years. Tired, no energy, can sleep 12+ hours a day, hair fallin...

What to do in times of this foot injury without...

If a beer bottle or hammer is dropped forcefully or smashed on the arch of your foot, what will happen, when will it ...

Vaginal skin hanging down

My boyfriend and i had a bit of rough sex the other night now it hurt to touch down there and i took a mirror to it a...

I can't stop shivering

Through out the day i get shivers like every 10 minutes even if it's boiling hot and sometimes i get them and they la...

Will I grow taller?

Will I grow taller at age 13? My period started a year ago

Home treatments for abscess

Is there a good home treatment for a recurring abscess?

Possible reaction to TB test

Hi. I had a TB test done yesterday. Now I have a headache, loose bowels, and feel bleh. I was not sick yesterday an...

PMS Musty odor in sweat

Just before my period, I can smell a musty odor in my sweat. What is this? Is it my hormones that I smell?

Diagnosis of 5 MT head

I am a nursing student in an orthopedic unit, and I have a patient admitted with a right foot diabetic ulcer. One of ...

Brought to ER with SOB/CP checked for Heart con...

Should I be worried about a D-dimer level of 656?

Over All health, General Concern

I have not been feeling my self recently. My emotions are all over the place and I have been feel sick, anywhere from...

Birth control

Hello how are you? Me and my husband had unprotected sex the first day i started taking birth control pills , does th...

Jock itch or yeast infection

can having a severe case of jock itch or yeast infection cause your inguinal lymph nodes to swell and if so what wou...

Light pink bleeding

Hi. I am a healthy 26 year old. My lmp was July 12th. I came home to my husband from vacation on the 23rd and have be...

pains

Hi, I have a very short torso and as my ribs being only a few inches above hip bones. If I slouch, they rub together ...

fat belly, slim frame.

im 36, male, 6ft 1in, 12 stone (76 kg). I have recently started gaining a lot of weight, ive always had a thin slim f...

Post Your Thoughts