Question :

Causes of abnormal thickening of the distal esophagus.

What is....abnormal thickening with heterogeneous enhancement of the distal esophagus mean

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Abnormal thickening of the distal esophagus might be caused by different conditions that develop inflammation of the surface of the esophagus.
Some entities that could have caused this are related to esophageal reflux. On the other hand certain tumors might also present with the same description, therefore I would suggest you to rule out the exact diagnosis by following your Gastroenterologist recommendations. A biopsy might probably be needed. I hope I cleared your doubt.

Questions related to Acid Reflux

The best pill for good sex for a person with Mo...

I suffer from Moderate Hypertension. Needed a pill to enjoy good sex. Will Viagra or Cialis be OK for me? Kinsly reco...

Took medication and vitamins with breakfast and...

Here is the thing, I take Prozac along with my vitamins with breakfast every morning. One of the vitamnins I took ...

Help! Stomach pain!

HI im freaking out off and on i get epigastric pain. It feel like a pressure or a fullness. I burp and ill get aci...

Perscription and herbal supplements

I want to know if garcinia cambogia or coffee bean extract will interfere with any perscriptions I am taking I am on ...

Difficulty swallowing food

If I eat too fast I have a hard time digesting the food and I may have to throw it up.

What should I do go see a doctor and let them c...

Is it normal for 3 puss ball to form in less then 2 months?

I need an answer quick

I would like to ask,I am from Ghana a friend of my bought me Zyrexin worlds strongest sexual enhancer ...I read about...

Extreme sore throat -need relief

4 days ago I began to have a sore throat and couch. It quickly became intense; excruciating pain, could not sleep or ...

Left side stomach pain

i have left side stomach pain and burning near the border of chest and stomach i feel burning and pain in armpit also...

Help! I have indigestion, excessive gas, and ex...

After I ate last night I got a feeling of pressure in my chest and I have been belching allot which relives the press...

Brushed his teeth from toilet

Should I take my grandson to ER he brushed his teeth with water from toilet!

Why do I have back pain when taking deep breath?

Had pain when taking a deep breath on right side middle back. Had gallbladder out after HIDA scan showed 2% functioni...

I can't stop burping!

I can't stop burping! Its been going on for a couple days now and its non stop. I can't sleep because it keeps me awa...

Fell like golf ball stuck in my throat every ti...

i feel like i have a golf ball stuck in my throat everytime i swallow my spit. not when i eat or drink though. it get...

Sore throat/esophagus

I just vomited about an hour ago. It was very painful in my throat when I did it. Even afterward, it is still painful...

Bubble out of my anus? Could it be hernia?

So I been having heartburn for 2 days and then it went away, but then I was feeling constipated and I used the restro...

Floating stool with dark color

Hello. Since last one year my stool is floating. It's dark in colour and toilet water also turns very dark. I don't ...

I have swallowed something into my lungs causin...

So a few days ago i was eating brekfast and when the food went down into the pipe around the middle of the chest i st...

Nurf always throbbing

Why is my nurf always throb andmy head so pain

bloating, acid reflux, thick saliva...

Hello! My mother is 57 and she has these symptoms, after she eats her stomach bloats right away, and after gets some ...

Solution for Heartburn and gastritis with bile ...

I had a large non-malignant polyp removed from my colon a year back with surgery. I had severe cramps in my stomach a...

Small amount of red blood mixed in my stool

Lately I have been getting stomach aches under the breastbone on left side, backache, gas, and nausea. It only hap...

Sudden onset of GERD - what is the cause?

Hi there I'm a young male who lives a generally healthy lifestyle (very little alcohol, moderate exercise, minimal ju...

Is it acid reflux or something else causing phl...

I have been diagnosed with acid reflux, however I'm not convinced that's my problem. I do not experience heart burn,...

Should I go for a endroscope or this may be a p...

Hi I have been suffered from severe gastric problem since few years. And now I am getting a bearable pain inside my s...

Post Your Thoughts