Question :

ACL

I had ACL surgery 6 months ago. Cadaver Ligament. Things have gone well but slow. I felt a slight pull in the inside of my knee. Didn't hurt really but felt odd. My questions is: would i now if i pulled out my ACL? I have no pain but have been cautious. Thank you, David

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The symptoms of injury to your reconstructed ACL would be just the same as when you initially injured the ligament. That is, you woul have pain and decreased mobility and stability of the knee joint. If you do not have any of these symptoms then it is unlikely that you have injured the new ligament

Questions related to ACL Injuries

Full rupture ACL Healing?

I have a question regarding a rather unique case of a torn ACL. I recently tore my ACL on June 27th and meet with a s...

ACL Injuries and symptoms

How do I know if my ACL is torn? I hyperextended my knee.

Ankle Still Didn't Recover (ATFL)

Hi, i rolled my ankle bad around the end of April and in 2 weeks it was 90% but then i rolled it again which was agai...

Red and itchy 12 day old ACL surgery incision

Hi! I got ACL/Menisci reconstruction surgery 12 days ago. My incision has looked great from the beginning, my doctor ...

ALL reconstruction

Hi, I have my acl surgery coming up, but recently learned from my surgeon that I would also need to get an anterolat...

ligament sprain

i had a ligament sprain a year ago.. after resting for about a year it got better and i started playing cricket once ...

Intrasubstance ACL strain

The MR scan reveals intrasubstance strain of anterior cruciate ligament and minimal periarticular soft tissue swellin...

Headaches after ACL tear

I am a volleyball player and completely tore my ACL a little over a week ago. I will be having surgery in the next we...

Headaches after ACL tear

dog bite

hi just got minor dog bite. skin is tore and it bled now have numb tingly feeling in my thumb is that normal

Lubrication in knee after ACL surgery

I had my right knee repaired about 6 years ago with a full acl surgery. I never bothered rehab my knee after as I go...

Knee pain because of ACL injury five years ago

My right knee has been giving me lots of pain over the last 5-6 years. I had a full acl reconstruction surgery but n...

Acl injur on the right knee below knee cap

I hurt my right knee, what can I do to fix it

ACL Problems

Hello Doctor I am a 25 year old male who takes part in competitive soccer twice a week. I partially tore my ACL in M...

Smoking Cannabis and ACL reconstruction surgery

I had reconstructive ACL surgery 4 weeks ago. Is it safe to use marijuana recreationally? If not, what are the major...

Pain after one week of ACL surgery

I had an acl reconstruction 1 week ago (hamstring graft) its not so painful when i have my leg elevated just sore fr...

ACL Repaired twice in less than two Years

I had surgery 3 weeks ago for ACL and Meniscus. My question: I had this same surgery less than 1.5 years ago on t...

Bleeding post ACL surgery

I underwent an ACL last week and got discharged after 2 days from the hospital. From the time I returned home, there...

Increased ankle pain

Please know I have increasing pain with areas of swelling and puffiness. This is on my left ankle and I have had tw...

Possible Re-injured ACLpreviously repaired with...

I had reconstructive surgery with prp on my right ACL July 1, 2010. Around 6 months later my knee gave out after I j...

Pain and swelling in the knee due to possible A...

My girlfriend has inflamtion in her acl and it swollen. They told her they can't fix it and just gave her motrion,th...

ACL complete tear and meniscus lesion waiting f...

Hi, I had my knee pop on me about a month ago. I was told to get get an MRI done, which showed complete tear of my A...

Knee pain and swelling Four months after Acl re...

I recently had acl surgery (4 motnhs ago) and i have been doing well and the swelling had gone down and I have been ...

Status post ACL surgery one year ago

I had ACL surgery almost a year ago, it is still a little swollen all the time. After a night out drinking it swells...

Overstretched Anterior cruciate knee ligament: ...

I injured my knee and I have been to several dr's. I had a MRI and they told me they see no tears but my ACL is L sh...

Post Your Thoughts