Question :

HIV and oral sex

I had oral sex with a lady. she kept my penis in her mouth. Do i get AIDS if she has aids.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
 Several research studies have shown that young adults tend to be at higher risk of being infected by HIV, mainly through high risk activities such as: unprotected sexual intercourse (especially receptive anal), large number of sexual partners, previous or current STDs (Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Genital Herpes), sharing intravenous drugs paraphernalia, blood transfusions (before 1985 in US), mucosal contact with infected blood or needle-stick injuries, persons who exchange sex for money and/or drugs. In the infected individuals the highest concentrations of the virus are in blood, less in the semen and vaginal secretion. The virus does not spread through casual contact such as preparing food, sharing towels and bedding, or via swimming pools, telephones, or toilet seats. The virus is also unlikely to be spread by contact with saliva, unless it is contaminated with blood. In the view of your exposure to a high risk activity, the suggested strategy would be: Get Tested. Testing for HIV is a two-step process. First, an inexpensive screening test is done. If that test is positive, a second test (Western blot) is done to confirm the result.

Questions related to AIDS

hiv from a one night stand

Hello Doctor, The wait is driving me crazy and some little facts would help. What are my chances of contracting hiv...

muscle pain

Can muscle and joint pain be a symptom of hiv

AIDS Question serious

I have these tiny red bumps at the top of the back of my foresrm by my elbow. I wonder could these be flea bites or ...

I had sex with a sex worker and I used condom. ...

I am a 27 yo male I have had sex with a sex worker for the first time in my life. I used condom during sex but I am w...

HIV Concerns and Repeat Tests

Hi i had un protected relation on 30-1-2011 i made the aliza test 5 times last one was 25-11-2011 and all were negat...

HIV possibility after 79 days of HIV test

Possibility of HIV after 79 days of HIV test

Worrying about having HIV

Hi im 21 years old male i start to having pimples well they look like little pimples around my sexual organ i dont k...

Will i get infected with HIV if the condom broke?

My husband is HIV positive while am negative and while having sex the condom got broken.will i get infected and is t...

Viral load undetected with high CD4 count and a...

For discordant couples, if one partner is following medication and other necessary HIV management issues properly an...

HIV, oral and anal sex practices

2 weeks ago me and this girl was about to have sex, she gave me a blowjob then when time for sex i tried to push my ...

Risk of HIV with the use of Condoms

Hi...my age is 30 male...i am married..i recently had a trip to pattaya..i had sex with massage parlour girl using a...

Can a pinch on my back transmit AIDS?

Hi Doc, This is Anshul Raj from India.am 30 years old and am Healthy. I have a query which is making me unstable sin...

A day old wound on finger and the posibility of...

I have a cut on my middle finger that happend a day before introducing it into a vagina. My question is, how fresh d...

May sweat transmit HIV?

Can a person get infection having cut wound in hand(5 days old) touching body through body sweat.

Hiv testing and window period

Had unprotected sex one time took a hiv test at my gp blood had unprotected sex one time took a hiv test at my gp bl...

Possible Hiv infection in twelve year old boy

My 12 year old patient (i am his psychologist) has been in ICu for the past week. the doctors did an HIv test where ...

Paranoid of getting HIV

Hello Doctor. I am here to ask a question related to HIV transmission. Is it possible to contract this virus from a ...

Life Expectancy of an AIDS Patient After Diagnosis

What is the life expectancy of an AIDS patient after he is diagnose with the disease and starts taking the med?

Casual partner with HIV status unknown

Hi i am male 29, last night i had unprotected sex with agirl and i don't know was she HIV free or not, i am worried ...

Tranmission of AIDS

Is it possible for a man with AIDS to have sex with someone multiple times, impregnant the significant other, and bo...

Worried about having AIDS

Hi im 25 about 6-7 yrs ago I went to strip club with a friend and i had sex intercourse with a waitress in a strip c...

STD through Handjob

I had a hand job from a person, he touched the shaft only and he has touched his penis before touching mine.Is there...

HIV result- NON REACTIVE

Hi Doctor, Last Week I had HIV test done.The resule was NON REACTIVE and the COI is 0.362.I m worried if yh...

AIDS or Hep C transmitted by food

I am concerned about eating out at restraunts. If a food worker who has AIDs or Hepatitis C got a cut and had a drop...

Wil i get Aids if i walk on red light area streets

Can i get AIDS if I walk on the streets of the Red light Area.I have not touvhed any girl but walked along the stree...

Chances I have contracted HIV from vagina and p...

About 4 weeks ago I had sex with a prostitute in thailand and am now having serious worries about whether I have con...

Occupational injury and HIV Risk

Hi, I am a dental student working as an intern in a clinic in Guatemala. Today, during a cleaning, the patient flinc...

Worried of infection.

Hello, I had a basketball game today. When I went up for a rebound, my elbow hit another player in the mouth. I'm no...

Hiv transmission

Hi doctor A one month ago my brother used my teeth toothbrush then after 25 hours he used my teeth toothbrush ,I hav...

HIV infection

Does volunteering in an aids clinic increase chances of contracting HIV?

HIV without medical treatment

Five years of hiv without treatment is this possible to live? could you live with an hiv positive inside your body w...

Hypogammaglobulinanemia and HIV infection

I have gammaglobulinanemia,and also hiv if i do not gte treatment of the ivig what will happen ?I already have the v...

Can you get HIV if you get a cut from someone i...

Can you get HIV if you share the same razor with someone related even if that person does not have HIV???

Probably nothing but....

Ok, I started a new job recently and have been working some long hours. Bout a week and a half ago, I was feeling fa...

HIV Strains Immunity

Since there is two strains of HIV I was wondering if you catch HIV-2 can you also catch HIV-1, or does it make you i...

Neutropaenia associated with HIV disease

I am positive for 4 years in may 2010, i started meds in sept'09 truvada and isentress because my cd4 dropped below ...

HIV: Worries vs The Facts

Hello, About 8 years ago when i was 17, i went on a school trip to london. we were all walking through the city cen...

False Positive HIV Test

My son has donated blood twice and each time received a false-positive HIV test and is now no longer able to donate....

Infection by TB needle?

About 2-3 weeks back I visited a doctor's office to get a physical and a TB test (requirements for school). However,...

HIV test results interpretation

I am HIV positive under medication (Truvada and Stocrin). Test results last September werw CD4 count 450, CD4/CD8 0....

Post Your Thoughts