Question :

Right side sharp pain, sore to the touch, warmth numbness?

About a week ago I got a sharp needle like pain in my lower right abdomen along with cramping in my lower back, almost felt like mentrual cramps but it was in my back. Shortly after I had the same needle like pain right next to my belly button on the right side. It was almost like pulsing. I then noticed that both areas were very tender to touch and still are. I got a sharp shooting pain inside my bellybutton that went down to my pelvis too. It hurts when I bend over just right, next to my bellybutton, or when I lean on something. Now, about 24 hours ago I noticed a warm sensation in my right abdomen that radiates to my back and it almost feels like my skin is numb there. What could this be? I am kind of freaking out.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
The cause of your abdominal pain may be due to appendicitis, urinary tract infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cyst, muscular strain, ectopic pregnancy or constipation. In your case, since the pain has continued 24 hours, I would suggest that you see a physician for a physical examination and diagnostic tests. A urinalysis, ultrasound and abdominal x-ray may be required to diagnose the cause of pain abdomen. Treatment will depend on the cause, I wish you well, take care.

Questions related to Appendicitis

Child vomiting - is it appendicitis

My 11 yr old threw up in the middle of the night. She's been vomiting yellow to clear stomach acid since then. She ...

after appendix surgery

after have your appendix taken out, is it normal to have little surges of pain in the abdomen area?

Appendicitis worries!

Today I started getting pains in my lower right stomach, I don't know if it's appendicitis or not for several reason...

Surgical clips after surgery left inside me

Hi, I went to an urgent care clinic a couple days ago for mild abdominal pain. I was given an x ray and the nurse sai...

chest doctor

I have a pain for 4 days on left side under rib cage near solar plexus hard to bend over hurts when I cough.

14 year old with pain in lower stomach

Hi im 14 years old and I have pain in my lower right side and you could say im constipated if that has anything to do...

Lower Right stomach pain

I can't sleep on my left side because it causes my right side of my abdomen to pain or whenever I breathe in my right...

Appendicitis or lower right stomach strain?

Hi, I have had this off and on pain on lower right stomach since Monday afternoon. I didn't really think anything off...

Having symptoms of appendicitis but nothing fou...

I went to the doctors they think I have appendicitis so I went to the hospital to get a ultrasound but they didn't fi...

Pain after Appendectomy

i got my appendix removed 1 1/2 weeks ago. i recovered quickly, no pain. and just today i started having EXTREME pa...

Post-appendectomy pain in between surgical inci...

Hi, I had an emergency appendectomy six weeks ago and I have since had a terrible, sharp pain between two of the inci...

Appendix measures 4.7mm shows compressability w...

My daughter used to complain about stomach pain every time and last week it became sevior and when we went to doctor ...

Pains in the belly button, around it, and its r...

i keep getting really bad pains in belly button, and it making me feel really sick and dizzy

Not sure if it's appendicitis, but the right si...

Hi. I'm not sure if it's appendicitis, but the right side of my stomach hurts like a heart beating. What should I do?

Appendicitis concern

Hi. For some reason I have some pain in my bottom left stomach, near the navel. (right side to me). When I sit down a...

Appendicitis symptoms - cause for concern?

Early today, I had some abdominal discomfort that slowly migrated to my lower right side. This worried me, but I deci...

Should I have my appendix removed?

I have pain in the lower right side radiating down my right leg and right testicle. Can push on the appendix area so...

Pain In My Belly. Is It Due To Appendicitis?

I have a pain in my belly where my appendix is and i also have bowl pain are the two related and could i have append...

Pain after laparoscopic appendectomy

Had laparoscopic appendectomy 5 days ago. original symptoms mimicked gallbladder inflammation pain which was gone af...

Lower right abdominal pain in female

I'm a 16 year old female. I was watching television yesterday and got a sudden stabbing pain in my lower right abdom...

Appendicitis or mesenteric adenitis

My daughter was recently discharged from the hospital with symptoms of appendicitis she was diagnosed mesenteric ade...

Appendicitis - Management in the case of append...

My nephew is at the hospital right now. His parents took him last night to a local er....they diagnosed him with an...

Stomach Problem due to viral infection?

I've been up for 5hrs with intense gas like pains. I can't lay on my stomach or on my side. I've thrown up and diarr...

Ruptured appendix - What is the management?

How long should i wait before having surgery to remove burst appendix, doctors only treated me with antibiotics? i b...

Stomach pain around the navel

Severe burning pain in stomach right behind navel

Post Your Thoughts