Question :

Belly button blood blister

I have a umbilical hernia and hurt around my belly button quite frequently and i am currently just living with that issue. alot of times i can just feel the gas bubbling around it my navel. my problem is i have been bleeding from my navel for quite some time. the other day i awoke with quite a bit of blood on my stomach. there is not a terrible odor there is some wetness and white ooze further in..but what concerns me the most is it appears to have a blood like blister inside my belly button on the right side of the canal when you look in. ive done some research and cant seem to find any answers for what could of caused this or what it could be..any suggestions would be helpful. i plan on going to see a dr. in about 2 weeks, not sure if i should go fsooner

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
You could be most probably be having and abscess in your umbilicus. I would suggest that you see your doctor to rule out an abscess. An infected abscess will require surgical drainage and antibiotics.

Questions related to Blisters

Blisters on tongue, I don't know what they are.

I have these blisters on my tongue. I don't know what they are.. they are mildly painful. Not too bad but they are li...

Hand foot and mouth question

My 8 mnth old was diagnosed with hand foot and mouth on July 12th. Since then we almost got rid of all the sores 3 ti...

Lump in Belly Button!!

Hello. I am a 17 tear old female. I have a lump in my belly button that started hurting and got bigger after I touche...

Hand, foot and mouth virus

How long is the contagious stage of Hand, Foot and Mouth Virus?

Cause of Blood Blisters in the Mouth ?

I have three blisters in my mouth , one of them started to bleed

Development Of An Injection Site Blister

I went abroad to Corfu Last June and had an accident in which I was given 2 injections of pain relief. However I hav...

Blisters in between fingers

What are these small Blisters inbetween myfingers on left hand? They are itchy an if i bust them they just come back.

Blacky Purple blister type size, red mark aroun...

I spotted it on Monday i dont know how long it's been there, i'm not really sure what it is. It's on my back, it's b...

Red Painful Blotchy Lips after taking oxycodone

I am taking oxycondone 10mg for a spinal condition. Since taking it i have devolped red blotchy painful lips. I ha...

Treatment of apthous ulcers in children

My little girl 8 yearsold bit her lip inside her mouth in the front left side went to Doctors said nothing they can...

Multiple boils at once, is it a cause for concern?

I see there are a couple of questions on a boil. My question is should I worry about having five boils at one time. ...

Small bruise now developing into a lump in the leg

Hi I have a small skin coloured bump on my upper right leg, it's about half the size of half a BB pellet and is pain...

What is The Best Treatment For Burns?

Ok so this mornig i was getting ready to take my daughter to school. and i just put my hair straightners down and ra...

Sexually transmitted diseases and transmission

We live with someone who has an std and there is no cure for it, he wont tell us what it is but says that it causes ...

Hand foot and mouth

Wot is hand foot and mouth deces and how can i help my 1 year old grandson has got it and dose he have to stay away ...

Incision wound blistering after bunionnectomy

I had a bunionectomy 6 weeks ago. The incision wound had been healing well until today. I noticed what looks like a...

Boil on my inner thigh and I think it broke int...

I had a boil on my inner thigh and I think it broke internally. I have no health insurance and cannot afford the er...

Painful bumps on fingertips

I frequently get small painful bumps on my fingertips. You can feel them they are hard. I wouldn't necessarily cal...

Sunburn

Hello, i was wondering if there is anything a doctor can do for second degree sunburn i have blisters on my nose,sho...

Vitamins and menopause

I'm 53 yrs old, Menopausal, and I need to know what vitamins and or supplements should I be taking at this time? Do ...

How to cure boils

I have been getting random outbreaks of boils within the last few years they come and go.... I get a a group of them...

Will foot blister affect shoulder surgery?

I have a small healing popped blister on my left foot,,,,i have a shoulder surgery in 3 days,,,,will it effect me ha...

Post Your Thoughts