Question :

Trembling limbs, partial loss of vision, confused state after getting up from lying position

I have been having the following occur since I was about 16 (that's the earliest I can remember, I am now 27. It has only happened after getting up from a lying position. About 5 seconds after getting up, my arms and legs begin to tremble, I lose part of my vision, and and I feel like I'm drunk, for lack of a better word. I hold on to something or voluntarily drop to the ground to prevent from falling. This only happened a few times a year in the past, but last year, it began happening more frequently, about once a month, then once every couple of weeks, and in the past couple of weeks its been happening everyday, sometimes a few times a day. The trembling isn't as bad as it was in the past. Last June, it happened while I was going up the stairs in my home,, and I eventually fell down about 4 steps. I remember the whole thing, although I was unable to fully control my body. Once I reached the floor, my body began to shake uncontrollable, almost as though I was having a siezure. I went to the ER and after that I went through the following, with still no word on what can be wrong. I had blood work done, an echocardiogram, a CT, carried a loop monitor for 2 weeks, EKG, EEG, and have seen an Internist, who has referred me to a Neurologist. My neurologist appointment isn't until June, and I was just wondering if you could shed some light on what could be happening to me. Should I urge to have an MRI done before my neurologist appointment. None of the doctors have been able to answer what is going on with me and I can't seem to find any information online. Your response will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
I understand your situation and the frustration and worry regarding the same. Your symptoms could point towards various conditions like hypoglycemia ( low blood glucose/sugar levels) - which is characterised by dizzinees, weakness in extremities, loss of consiosness sometimes and even seizure like activity, Seizures or epilepsy : which leads to seizures and neurological dysfunction , heart arrythymia: which is also characterised by presence of palpitations or in some cases a brain space occupying lesion that can lead to similar symptoms. You need to see your neurologist and have tests like an EEG as well as blood glucose monitoring performed. This will give a clearer picture of what exactly is going on. You could get an MRI done prior to the appointment as the neurologist would recommend it if no changes are seen on the EEG. I wish you all the best.

Questions related to Brain and Nervous System

A Question about POTS syndrome.

Hey, Im a student at my school and a close friend of mine has been diagnosed with what they call Pots syndrome. She's...

WHY DO I WRITE MY NUMBERS FROM RIGHT TO LEFT?

Why do I write my numbers backwards? (from right to left)? whenever i write numbers like dates or math problems, i a...

Intracranial hypotension???

Hi, i have 3 spot back to the spinal cord on my MRI, could it be CFS leak, i have headache, tinnitus and double visio...

Hand twitching connected to sudden movements?

Right hand twitching getting worse. For a couple of years now, I sometimes get twitching or cramps in my arms/hands w...

Side effects of levi pil 500 when taken along w...

Can we take other medications (ex: skin treatment e dox dt tablets) along with levi pill 500? are there any side effe...

Headache tried dizzy

I have been tired for 3 weeks and a really bad headache as well from one side to the other. I t feels like I have pre...

Potential Risks Associated with Encephalitis in...

A friend of mine is interested in flotation therapy, also referred to as sensory deprivation; floating in saltwater i...

Metal pierced thought my foot

I had the leg of a metal wind mill that has been sitting in the garden pierce through top of my foot through,a vein a...

Wrist Injury with Nerve Pain

3 years ago, I fell and injuried my wrist. A few months later, the same wrist was squeezed until it made a popping so...

cant feel my hip

For 4 years i have been having a stabbing pain and numbness in my left hip. It started 2 months after my daughter was...

Tramadol and Neurontin

Is tramadol and neurotine are the same medication for the condition superior laryngeal nerve?

Forgetting everything about an argument that I ...

I feel like something is wrong with me. I can remember arguments even if they just happened. I use to remember everyt...

did he keep fighting for me

This isn't a health question, its more of a question that is important to me. My brother had an abscess on his brain ...

Do I have microcephaly?

Do I have microcephaly? Hi, I didn't know what catagory to put this in so forgive me if this is the wrong one. ...

what is the proper treatment for head trauma of...

Should my mother's doctor have ordered tests when she presented with head trauma and was on warfarin? (she died of an...

Hit on head and now has seizures and blackouts

my son got hit on head while the store he worked at was being robed now he has seizures and blackouts the black outs ...

Speech impairment. Trouble pronouncing words

I have had a problem for awhile, where, I know how to pronounce a word but will look at or think about it and still ...

Took my grandfather to a neuropsychologist for ...

Hi, I recently took my grandfather to a neuropsychologist for concerns of cognitive impairment. This particular neu...

Sharp pain in back of my right eye

Hi there, for the past few months I've been experience a sharp pain in the back of my right eye. I'm 17 and I visited...

Can a brain survive after a person dies?

if a person die and brain is recovered before it and supplied with oxygen and nutions in blood can a brain live alive...

Will Pot One Time alter my brain?

I'm 15 years old right now, and I'm about to turn 16 in May. I recently smoked pot last Friday, on April 11th. I was ...

Fainted in class with my eyes open

hello doctor. my name is poorneema. i been suffer headache since when i was in college. one day i was in class sudden...

brain injury due to back side fall

sir my father age is 52 years. he felt on back side and gone unconscious. Then we quickly gave him mouth breathing an...

Tumor in Brain

They have found a tumor in my boyfriend's brain. He's in his twenties. It's a small and benign tumor but it is locate...

Symptoms for over a year no diagnosis

Hi, i hope you can help me in the right direction! Since giving birth May 2012 with epidural around 3 months later (M...

Post Your Thoughts