Question :

Pimple on areola - symptom of breast cancer?

I am 47 years old and in the beginning of menopause. My periods have suddenly become irregular and I'm having night sweats. Yesterday, I noticed a whitehead-type pimple on my arreola. Could it be a blocked milk duct? What would cause this? Is this a symptom of breast cancer?

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
It could be a blocked duct or may be due to a condition called mammary duct ectasia, that occurs in women nearing menopause. Other possible reasons for blocked duct are ill-fitting nursing bra, viral ailments like cold, stress or  no reason at all. Mammary duct ectasia may be painful, if the ducts beneath the nipple become inflamed and blocked, and produce a thick and sticky discharge. You should see your doctor if the you notice any pain or discharge from the nipple for treatment with antibiotics and hot compress.

Questions related to Breast Cancer

Does it increase my chances of getting cancer?

My half sister (we have different dads) has breast cancer; because she has breast cancer does it increase my chance o...

Teen with sores beneath breasts that will not d...

Why do I have bumps under my breast, and on my cleavage area?

breast cancer worries and choking on saliva

I keep choking on my own spit its been happening for a few days I don't know why but its like at random moments when ...

Breast swelling in left nipple

i am 17 year old.i have been taking anti t.b. medicine since 3 months.my left nipple is swollen. my coller bones are ...

Lump in breast in a 15 year old which hurts

im 15 and found a lump on my breat and it hurts on the skin on top of it but the lump feels deep under the skin?

Lymph node under my arm near my breast

Hello, I'm 19 years old and am naturally very thin, i can feel a lymph node under my arm near my breast and also ...

Peanut size lump on my breast

I have a lump about the size of a peanut under the skin surface on my breast. Is this something I should be concerne...

Living with Breast Cancer?

How long can a person live with Breast Cancer without it being treated?

women's health (breasts)

Is it normal to have a bubble like sensation in your breast? It's not painful just annoying

rash after lymph node removal

Should I still not use antiperspirant several months after lymph node removal?

Sore and uncomfortable Nipple in Male

Under my left nipple I have a sharp pain, like a pin or a needle under there.It's been about six weeks now.

Curious about Painless Breast lumps

I have lumps in my right breast. i have it since i was 14. now i am 22. it hurts at first but not anymore.it keep ge...

Is internal examination required after hysterec...

I have a very high risk for breast cancer due to a previous diagnosis of lobular carcinoma in situ (too Tamoxifen fo...

Breast cancer 4th stage, what will be the outcome?

I have a younger sister Doris who is a breast cancer sufferer. She is a 4th stage patient. She underwent chimo and...

How soon should I see a doctor for breast pain?

I've been getting a burning pain in my left breast and an uncomfortable feeling under arm. Should i be worried...it'...

Serious Side Effects of Herceptin

The question that I have is during the beginning of my cancer treatment, besides chemo I was given a drug called her...

Post Lumpectomy Breast Swelling

I had a lumpectomy. 10 days later the doctor aspirated the breast due to fluid. Now, a week, there is a hard lumpy t...

Lump on breast with foul smelling discharge

I have had a pimple like bump on my breast for about 7 months now. A thick white paste discharges from it and it sm...

Cinnamon for weight loss post breast cancer

I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and it was estrogen positive. I had a double mastectomy. I am in chemo right now...

Worried about breast cancer

I have a burning sensation in my right breast is this cause for worry

Small hard lump on the inside of my right breast

I have a small hard lump on the inside of my right breast could this be a cyst?

Breast Lump and Intermittent Pain

Hello, 2 years ago I went to my doctor with pain in my left breast I was sent to the breast clinic for examination a...

Possibility of Fibroadenoma developing into Bre...

Dear Sir,Madam, I have just had a 3.5cm tumour removed from my right breast. Before the surgery I have had a biopsy...

Breast discharge - with negative lymph glands

I HAD SOME LYMPH GLADS REMOVED FROM UNDER ARM LAST YEAR AS THEY WERE PERSOSDENTI HAVE SINCE HAD NIPPLE DICHARGE BURN...

Dostinex and breast cancer

I am taking dostinex .5mg a per week. I am wondering if this drug causes breast cancer. thx

Discharge from breast in a 28 year old

Hi my name is Charlene I am 28 years old, about 4days ago I noticed that I was lactating and still am today I had m...

Painful lump on my nipple.

Hello iv got this white lump on the end of me nipple iv had it for over a year now iv never showed anyone til this w...

Left breast pain

I am a 51 year old female with lea spot under my left breast for about 2 months. i am now experiencing pain in that ...

19 year old with painful Breast lump

I found a round lump at the top of my breast. It's slightly painfull. Ive called my health district trying to make a...

Breast discharge - Dark green in color.

I am a 32 yr old female. I had a complete hysterectomy at 23 yrs old due to severe endemetriosis. I have never taken...

Painful breast lump - Is it cancer?

If a lump near my nipple in my left breast that is painful, is it cancer

Dexamethasone prescription, Is it an overdose?

My mum undergone her first chemotherapy today and been prescribed Granisetron 1mg 1 tablet perday and Dexamethasone ...

Breast tenderness after pregnancy.

I have pain under my right arm and on the upper side of my right breast, what is it? I just finished my period two ...

Lump inside the Breast

Hi i am 21 year old i have one lump near the nipple in breast.befofe one month occationlly my husbands elbow stabbed...

My Mum has Breast Cancer, What are Her Chances ...

My mum just got told that she might have Breast Cancer. I know that you can die from it, but i want to know what per...

Blood present in Nipple secretion?

Hi..I am a newly married woman...my husband noticed a orange-red drop of secretion from single breast the first time...

Burning sensation inside the breast.

I have a burning sensation inside of my breast i would like to know what the problem may be.

Breast Pain without evidence of lump.

I am 16 years old and am experiencing quite horrifc pain in my left breast. It is only in that breast and never in t...

Can I have a tattoo after radiation treatment?

Good evening!I'm a 34 years old woman and I just fineshed radiation treatment for breast cancer 3 weeks ago... I was...

Likelihood of my breast cysts to become cancerous.

My sister (49 years old) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. There is no other history of cancer in my family. I...

Shooting and burning Breast pain

I am 26 years old. About a few days ago ive noticed a pins and needles type pain somewhat burning that shoots from t...

Is it breast cancer?

I had a small simple under my right breast that in a matter of days formed a small marble size lump. Could this be c...

Why Are My Breasts Bleeding?

My boob is swelling and it keep bleeding and its sow

Breast lump in a 40 year old woman

40years old female presented to the surgical clinic with painless lump in the breast for two months .examination rev...

Breast Exam: When is the Best Time to do it?

I'm 18 and I just realised that my breast was sore, so I checked and I think I can feel a small lump that's hard jus...

Breast Cyst on the areola near the nipple

I am a 53 year old female. I just went for a mammogram and ultrasound because I have a small cyst on the areola near...

Breast lump and its chances to turn into cancer

I am 20 years old, and i had an operation for a lump removal last year but now i have two on separate breast. Do i h...

The Impact of Weight Loss on Breast Size.

Hello, I have just recovered from 14 months of aggressive treatment for breast cancer in my R breast, including a l...

Mammography vs ultrasound for diagnosis of brea...

There was a small mass on my managram and i am 74 and had a hysterectomy in 1997. there is no breast cancer in my fa...

Breast Lump in Pubertal Males

Hi I am a 14 year old boy, i have a lump behind my right nipple that i noticed about a week ago, since this time the...

Post Your Thoughts