Question :

Tissue Expansion Surgery

HI I GOT BURNT WHEN I WAS 8 AM 24 NOW I HAVE HAD TO UNDERGO OPERATION AFTER OPERATION I HAVE HAD tissue expansion LAST YEAR IS THERE ANY OTHER OPERATIONS OUT THERE JUST SEEM TO STRUGGLEIN TO COPE WITH THEY WAY MY CHEST LOOKS I HAD 45% BURNS THANKS SCOTT

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Reconstructive surgery is often a lengthy process. Since you gave had tissue expansion surgery you are half way there. When enough skin has grown the expander will be removed, the burnt skin excised and the normal skin put in its place. 45% burns is a very large area and it may take several of these operations to give you a satisfactory outcome. I understand that it has been a long time but please try to be patient.

Questions related to Burns

Hypersensitive delayed reaction sunburn

I have a hypersensitive delayed reaction sunburn on both feet and it is the worst it has ever been. I saw the doctor...

Steam Burn

I got steam burn on two of my fingers, about three days ago... I went to the ER and they gave me some cream to put on...

fast burn treatment

Hello As stupid as I was, I accidentally burn my fingers on fire on Sunday the 27th (left pointer finger, below ri...

How do I treat carpet burn?

i have a carpet burn and its bad. Its on my chin, also that its been two months but its still red and is surrounded w...

Bad sunburn plus swelling and muscle pain

How to treat a Bad sunburn resulting in swelling and extreme muscle pain?

Help me figure out what degree burn i have

What degree burn is on my finger?

Burned my fingers, not sure of the severity, pl...

Hello, 2 days ago I was mowing my lawn and accidentally touched the exhaust plate! The pads of my middle and ring fi...

tanning bed

Hi doctor , I hope you are doing well , I used the tanning bed for 20 mins with out using any creams after or befor...

Burn on my foot.

I spilled boiling tea into my shoe. When i took my shoe off, the blister ripped and has left an open, dime-sized woun...

Got shot in the calf with a bullet

"Hi I really need you to answer this question for me I have a friend that got shot in his calf and he's been hav...

friend got his arm injected with 4cc of litocta...

my friend got his arm injected with 4cc of litoctane to treat his scars from a motorcycle accident is there anything ...

Victim of bad sunburn a few weeks ago

Sorry the last answer didn't show up.I became the victim of bad spray on sunscreen almost 4 weeks ago. I had really b...

Bad spray on suncreen causing sunburn

I became the victim of bad spray on sunscreen almost 4 weeks ago. I had really bad sunburn in random spots where the ...

Bump, Pain, Swelling & Redness after Severe...

Should I be concerned about the bump that has developed under my eye after a severe sunburn (where my skin bubbled, s...

Hands have burning sensation and itching

my hands have a burning sensation and they swell and itch so bad till they almost bleed the morning time is the worst

Why does my burn hurts after 3 years?

I burned myself with oil in my job on my back, its a second degree burn and I never went to the doctor and let it hea...

Accidentally drank Clorox

Hi,Well i was cleaning my room i found a water bottle. I was thirsty so i drank it and as. I drank like a tiny sip i ...

acriflex cream on an arm burn

I burnt my arm 3 day ago on an oven, (an area of around 1 inch by 1 centimetre), the day after the skin started to co...

I burnt my foot quite badly

Hi. On Sunday I burnt my foot quite badly and was taken to A&E. Today it has been impossible to walk on and my leg is...

Electrical burn?

Hi! I had a small skin tag removed yesterday at my dr.s office (with a machine that used an electrical currant). They...

3rd degree burn and honey

I have a 3rd degree burn on my leg and I have a course of antibiotics. I now have diarrhoea, headaches and the cold s...

Burns

How do I treat a infected 2 nd degree burn?

Steam Burn and Formation of Blisters

I have a burn on my hand From steam while cooking the other day..i luckily didnt get any blisters from it just burne...

Painful Bleach Burn - What Should I Do?

I am a dishwasher prep coook and i have to deal with bleach on a daily basis, somehow throught out the course of the...

Burn in mouth - Treatment options

I drank very hot tea yesterday. And burnt my mouth. My tongue, inner bottom lip and the roof of my mouth have bliste...

Abscess in my forehead

I have Abscess in my forehead with pain for three days.

Will use of Neosporin affect my drug test?

I play professional basketball and I just used neosporin to treat a wnd I got from cooking. I burned my arm. I used ...

Chemical burn - First Aid Treatment

Hi While cleaning the outside of our home my husband has burnt the back of his hand with the bleach solution he was...

Burn wound not Healing with antibiotics.

Burn on my arm 6 days ago .I've been treating with antibiotic ointment and tree root oil.used apple vinegar once als...

Burn from hair removal cream

I got burned under my armpit with hair removal cream how do i releave the pain?

Possible nerve damage from burn?

I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my left foot from a grease fire. I was treated at the hospital and the open w...

Effects of sun on healed third degree burns

Dear doctors, my brother received second and thrid degree burns on his upper half of his body about 4 years ago he i...

Skin graft infection after a year?

My husband has a skin graph on his foot that was done over a year ago. Suddenly, the graph has started bleeding and...

Scalp burned from hair bleach

I had my hair colored professionally yesterday and bleach was used (I have never had bleach used on my hair before),...

Chemical concrete burn

I burned my foot with concrete two days ago and do not have insurance and my foot is swollen and it has eaten throug...

Treating hot oil scald blister

Hi. I dripped hot olive oil (straight out of a 240degree oven) on the top of my foot last night. The blister burst ...

Burn on hand from boiling pasta water

I burned my thumb and top of my hand with boiling water a week ago. I was advised air dry was best unless it began t...

Burn from match

I got a small burn on a fingure from a match. Have been putting Antiseptique on it. Left it open all day, but have n...

How to help a burn

My husband stepped on hot coals from a grill and he has a hard blister on the bottom of his foot what should i do

Chemical Burn on Ankle

I have a two week old chemical burn on my ankle. It is healing slowly. I am using antibiotic ointment as well as a s...

Burn

I have a burn that has blistered on the top of my hand. Should I pop this blister or let it pop on it's own?

Burn

How to treat a burn with blisters from a hot stone massage located on my back

Pain Relief for Burns

What is the best pain relief treatment for a burn

Inhaling fumes

I inhaled a large amount of clorox and amonia over 24 hours ago. I am still experiencing flu like symptoms, coughin...

Treatment of Burns

I received a burn on the area where you hand and arm meet (right at the crease) and have been putting on Neopsorm an...

Post Your Thoughts