Question :

Masturbation after cataract surgery

I had cataract surgery 3 days ago and I've been told I cant have sex for 10 days but can I masturbate? I'm assuming yes since there is no physical activity

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
No you should not masturbate. The fact is that sexaul activity of any kind elevates the blood pressure as well as the the pressures within the eye. An elevated eye pressure could complicate your recent cataract surgery. As such  you should abstain from all sexual activity until the 10 day period has expired.

Questions related to Cataracts

Serrapeptase in a patient with bovine aortic valve

I have a bovine aortic valve. Will the supplement serrapeptase, an enzyme from silk worms, affect this valve in any...

Cataract surgery in one eye "overcorrected" len...

I am a 53-year-old male who had cataract surgery in one eye in March 2011. Prior to the surgery I was near-sighted i...

Are shiny eye's after Cataract Surgery normal?

Hello, My Grandmother recently had cataract surgery. Since the surgery, she feels as though her eyes are overall in...

Post Cataract Surgery - Reflecting Pupils and U...

My mother (age:70) had cataract surgery several weeks ago. She healed well. Still, I am concerned with a couple of t...

Major surgery after cataract surgery

Quick question, my Mother is 71 and is stubborn and will lie in order to get her way even if her reasoning is totall...

Rhinocort Nasal Spray and Cataracts

I'm a 36 y/o male who was recently diagnosed with 2 small cataracts one in each eye. I have seen two ophthalmologist...

Cataract Surgery Lens Options

Can you tell me what are the options for corrective lenses during cataract surgery? What lense do most people choos...

Post Your Thoughts