Question :

Tingling in Fingers and Toes in a 9 years old girl

I have a 9 yr old daughter that has been experiencing constant tingling in her toes and fingers for the last 3 to 4 years. We just had an EMG done with the results showing that the large nerve endings were healthy. What else could this be and or what other avenue could we pursue? Please advise.

Answer :

Dear Patient: 
Amongst the multiple causes of tingling and numbness of the extremities (hands and feet), there are: vitamin deficiencies (Vitamin B12), nerve compressions at the level of the spine, problems with the peripheral nerves of hands and feet, and metabolic causes as problems with the Thyroid gland and Diabetes. Your physician ruled out peripheral nerves problems in your 9 years old daughter by getting a normal EMG, might be important to rule out vitamin deficiencies, thyroid problems and some other metabolic causes as Diabetes, which can produce the symptoms that you described above.Once all  the important causes are all ruled out we may think about anxiety.

Questions related to Children's Health

Fever of 101 goes up and down. Child is eating

My daughter is 3 she has had a fever since yesterday when I give her the Advil she gets better but after it wears off...

I'm worried about my health

I'm an active and healthy 14 year old girl..why am I pooping out blood?

Hard pea sized lump in the back of ear on skull...

My new born baby Leo who is 5 days old has a hard lump about the size of a pea in a pointy shape and it does not move...

my 8 year old girl says she is feeling hot from...

hi my daughter is 8 years old and has been having a lot of nose bleeds in the last few months so i took her to doctor...

Viral Fever

My 2 years 6 months old baby has fever for more than 4 days. I took him to doctor, he said its viral fever and prescr...

My stepson is always sick

My stepson comes to our house every other week. He is constantly sick. And not just a cold. It's things like step thr...

Chronic cough

My daughter is a 8 year old and she had a chronic cough for a year (from a August 2013). All results is a clear ( no ...

Scraped knee and still in pain 3 days later on ...

My 8 year old little girl scraped her knee 3days ago. She now says it hurts to bend it. Should I take her to the er.

My 3 year old has a lump under his arm

My son has a small lump under his arm. Not right in his armpit but closer to his ribs. It moves a little when you tou...

son hit top of head

My son hit the top of his head on the car when he got out of it yesterday morning. He was fine yesterday. Now when he...

3cm lump on neck

Hi, my son who is 6 was recently admitted to hospital at the time he had a temp of 38.5 degrees and was unable to mov...

Rabies and bite from dog

what if the dog doesn't die after it bite you? Does it mean you don't have to see the doctor because it has no rabies?

7 year old with repeated episodes of stomach pa...

My 7 year old son, has been having repeated bouts of stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea. This began on Christmas br...

7 year old daughter gets cough and cold repeatedly

My Daughter age is 7 and 1/2 year, in feb 2010 she is suffered from pneumonia after treatment she was fine. but every...

Very sick child

my one year old started coughing Sunday night. It has only gotten worse. She started a temperature Monday night and s...

Tummy pain, itchy skin, metallic taste, on and ...

Hi my 9 year old daughter started having tummy pain about 10 months ago with sickness and diarrhea, she was taken to ...

Leg Pain in Children

Hello, My son always gets leg pains before he gets sick or while he's sick. I took him to a specialist and they did...

Daytime Wetting- Dirunal Enuresis

My 14 years old daughter always have wet knicker at day and night. i can smell strong urine in her school trousers e...

What Causes Red Dots in Mouth?

I had my 6 year at the doctoe today cause of a fever and red dots on the roof of his mouth. the doctor told me the n...

H Pylori and Campylobacter Infections

Hello, My child was diagnosed with a camplobactor infection, via a stool sample. Is this the exact same infection a...

Undescended testes and fertility issues

My male baby born on 8.4.2011. he has only one testiculer. his right side testies was not seen from his birth. i am ...

Five year old wetting bed every night

My 5 year old girl wets her bed every night, can i try homeopathy meds on her can it cause any side effect i have no...

Threadworm and treatment with drugs

I found threadworms in my 2yr old girls toilet on monday evening.i immediately went to late opening chemist and got ...

Constipation and blood in stools in a 6 year old

How can i help make my child to stop him from holding his bowels? my six year old does not want to poop. he holds ...

Post Your Thoughts